Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you use as your "internet connection"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scrivener
    replied
    Re: Who do you use as your "internet connection"?

My ISP at home is flexnet (flex.com). The dial-up connection is a mere $9.95 a month, and sure, I miss certain things about high-speed connections, but for ten bucks a month, I can totally live with it.

Flexnet brags that for your $9.95, you get absolutely no tech support. That's just the sort of attitude that appeals to a guy like me. What I didn't know, I pretended to know and learned as I figured stuff out.

I was a user on Del Wong's F.L.E.X. BBS in the late eighties (it had two lines!), with a 300 bps modem when everyone else was up to 2400, so there's a kind of poetry in my current setup.

I like it. Huge recommendation from me.

Leave a comment:

• Glen Miyashiro
    replied

Road Runner, here. Internet service has become a utility, just like electricity and water and cable...

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied

LavaNet, of course.

Leave a comment:

• slickvic
    replied

We use Roadrunner. No complaints here! its a nice fast connection, and always reliable.

its all gravy baby!

-vic
    Last edited by slickvic; May 24, 2004, 01:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

We had Oceanic RoadRunner, and dumped it in favor of Verizon DSL. No detectable difference in speed, comparable uptime (i.e. could be better), better price.

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    started a topic Who do you use as your "internet connection"?

Who do you use as your "internet connection"?

What service do you use (home, and if applicable, school/work) to surf the net?

After using dial up for the longest time, we moved up to Verizon DSL. The speed is fast, but I wish that they offered RoadRunner in my neighborhood.
Working...
X