Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Google Earth

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Did you see the picture quality from the surveilance camera of the man and woman purse stealers at Safeway on the news today? It might as well be an artist rendering from a child.
    But if it were my child's drawing, it'd be a work of art suitable for framing and displaying on my refrigerator.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      But if it were my child's drawing, it'd be a work of art suitable for framing and displaying on my refrigerator.
      You like to display pictures of purse-stealers on your fridge, CW? (And I thought I had weird tastes in art...)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        You like to display pictures of purse-stealers on your fridge, CW? (And I thought I had weird tastes in art...)
        hey how do you think I can afford my house?

As evil as they can get, if Chucky were my boy, I'd still love him...but he'd have to be restrained.

Hmmm do kitchen magnets stick on Stainless Steel appliances?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          Did you see the picture quality from the surveilance camera of the man and woman purse stealers at Safeway on the news today? It might as well be an artist rendering from a child.
          On the other hand, did you see the video foootage from the armed robbery at a Subway sandwich shop yesterday? (Shown on all news stations, and probably available online, though I don't have time to go find it.) Absolutely crystal clear!
          If a Subway franchise can do it, then... you know. I'm just sayin'.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Re: Google Earth 4.3

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
            Google Earth's been updated -- but the Hawaiʻi imagery has gone down to a lower resolution. WTF?
            maybe it was in the "interest of national security"

or maybe it's because Google doesn't own the images (I think) and the licensing has expired. the high-res images could have been on loan for free or at low cost. now the people who own them want more money for the good stuff, so Google has to figure out which areas are the most popular and spend their budget accordingly. hawaii doesn't get as many hits, so we go back to low-res, out-of-date pics.

of course I'm pulling this out of my arse. it'd be interesting to find out the decision making behind all of this. call it "Google Earth Economics"
            "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
            "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
            "
            Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              Hmmm do kitchen magnets stick on Stainless Steel appliances?
              That depends on the quality of the appliance. We bought a new stainless steel refrigerator. Magnets do not stick to it. That shows it’s good quality stainless steel.
              "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
              Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by 68-eldo View Post
                That depends on the quality of the appliance. We bought a new stainless steel refrigerator. Magnets do not stick to it. That shows it’s good quality stainless steel.
                or cheap magnets

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  On the other hand, did you see the video foootage from the armed robbery at a Subway sandwich shop yesterday? (Shown on all news stations, and probably available online, though I don't have time to go find it.) Absolutely crystal clear!
                  If a Subway franchise can do it, then... you know. I'm just sayin'.
                  The reason Subway gives good photo is that they have 5 dollar foot long.......camera.

Comment

Oddly enough,the highest priced stainless steel will not be attracted by a magnet. The scrap metal companies pay the most for stainless in that category.
                    The most anti-magnetic element is Bismuth.
                    Regards,
                    Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X