Toolbar Enhancements
    View Cookies
    Tweak network
    Weather Fox
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

Re: Thunderbird 0.8/Firefox 1.0PR Available

If you really love Foxfire, go to the website listed in this ZDNet article, send $30 and you could get your name in the New York Times!

Mozilla has contracted with the NYT to run a "open source community-funded" ad in November. And if you can convince 10 of your best geek friends to contribute too, you get a "Community Champion" designation next to your name in the ad!

More here: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9593_22-5...tag=zdnn.alert

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        If you really love Foxfire, go to the website listed in this ZDNet article, send $30 and you could get your name in the New York Times!

Mozilla has contracted with the NYT to run a "open source community-funded" ad in November. And if you can convince 10 of your best geek friends to contribute too, you get a "Community Champion" designation next to your name in the ad!

More here: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9593_22-5...tag=zdnn.alert

Miulang
        Foxfire?

Oh, and on slashdot.com, today (10/20) is a day that all windows based browsers has a vulnerability in them, the obvious one, IE.

Its a good thing that I'm using my school's computer for the whole day today.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
          Foxfire?

Oh, and on slashdot.com, today (10/20) is a day that all windows based browsers has a vulnerability in them, the obvious one, IE.

Its a good thing that I'm using my school's computer for the whole day today.
          OK, Adrian, it's FireFox... . You gonna get 10 of your friends to sign up for the ad?

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
            Here's the Slashdot thread. Note the MSIE problem is pretty serious. The problem for the other browsers is "spoofing" (with tabbed browsing, you need to be able to know which page/site is spawning a Javascript function), and would require some specific scenarios for fraud to take place.

It bears noting that the Mozilla folks had it listed as a bug (124750) and fixed it already. Run "Check for Updates Now" under Tools > Options > Advanced to make sure you get it.

And Foxfire? Just watched it this week. A fun movie, if not a good movie.

Comment

Another ZDNet article reports that Mozilla says the bug in FireFox hasn't been fixed in the preview version, but will be fixed by the time 1.0 ships.

Miulang

Comment

http://secunia.com/advisories/12712/

Description:
                Secunia Research has discovered two vulnerabilities in Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, and Camino, which can be exploited by malicious web sites to obtain sensitive information and spoof dialog boxes.

1) Inactive tabs can launch dialog boxes so they appear to be displayed by a web site in another tab. This can be exploited by a malicious web site to show a dialog box, which seems to originate from a trusted web site.

Successful exploitation would normally require that a user is tricked into opening a link from a malicious web site to a trusted web site in a new tab
                The Kona Blog

Comment

The full version of Firefox 1.0 was released yesterday (11/09), and the Mozilla servers have been slammed like crazy. It's especially problematic when trying to hit mozdev.org to update extensions and plugins.

I've seen the server overloads described as "success crisis".

Comment

Originally posted by NemesisVex
                    The full version of Firefox 1.0 was released yesterday (11/09), and the Mozilla servers have been slammed like crazy. It's especially problematic when trying to hit mozdev.org to update extensions and plugins.

I've seen the server overloads described as "success crisis".
                    So, who's getting it?

I won't because I don't want to lose all of my extensions like before.
                    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I'm using Firefox 1.0 right now. I don't use any extensions, so they're not an issue for me. One feature I hadn't noticed before is a new Find box at the bottom margin to help search for text on web pages. It's quite nice.

Comment

I upgraded to FF 1.0 and amazingly it was glitch free.
                        Probably the reason why though was I tweaked the app.version
                        to .10 http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=973
                        I have 26 extensions installed by the way.
                        The Kona Blog

Comment

Is anyone using MT 3.121 with Firefox v. 1.0 (preview release)? Is it just the browser that has the main menu for MT vertically arranged down the left side (and crammed over there at that), or is the new MT that way? It's not nearly as user-friendly as the old MT 2.661 menu was.

I also have some kind of glitch which kicks me back to the MT sign-in screen after saving an entry. I have to sign in again and re-save to get the entry rebuilt. I've posted this at the MT forum, but I've gotten no response at all from there.

Anybody experiencing similar glitches?
                          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I haven't had any problems like you've experienced, Link. Moveable Type 2.661 and 3.121 seem to be working as designed - no unexpected logouts (sounds like a cookie persistence problem), at least. Are you running anything like Norton Internet Security or Clean Sweep or a utility that exterminates cookies? Maybe you can add your domain to the Security settings as a place that can set cookies without restrictions?

As for the appearance of Movable Type (ah, the confusions of doing two upgrades at once!), the menu in 3.121 is definitely less elegant - nothing at all on the left in the Main Menu, and smaller text boxes far to the left in the individual blog menu. The right-side sidebar is nice enough, though.

Comment

You might be able to get more help if you posted your problem here
                              http://forums.mozillazine.org/ and maybe contracted the extension developer.
                              The Kona Blog

Comment

Well, thanks for the help, folks. It seems to have cleared up after the cache got dumped during two reboots earlier today. Odd, huh?
                                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Working...
                                X