Who bought an iPhone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who bought an iPhone?

Nope, no Flash on iPhone. But streaming MP3 should work.
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Thanks for answering that. I am going to have to test it out the next time I visit the Apple Store.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Check out

www.seeqpod.com

on your ipod touch or iphone. you can stream pretty much any mp3 you can think of from that site

also Amazon's DRM free store is great, but won't hurt Apple. Apple makes their money from iPod sales, not iTunes purchases. at this point they is no need to lock the 2 together since the iPod has penetrated the market to a point where there no longer has to be a tie in.

Remember at this point Steve Jobs would like all tracks DRM free. it's best of the consumer too.
        website - http://www.brianhancock.com
        blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Anyone try upgrading the iPhone today and then ended up with a screwed up freeze pop? I did. Fortunately I was able to reset it and now I'm restoring it. I sync it once or twice a day, so it shouldn't be too far off the mark. My concern is that if I had to pack up the girls and head over to the apple store at Kahala that they might say I was a Hacker Mom. I can't even hack a loogie let alone an iPhone!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
            Anyone try upgrading the iPhone today and then ended up with a screwed up freeze pop? I did. Fortunately I was able to reset it and now I'm restoring it. I sync it once or twice a day, so it shouldn't be too far off the mark. My concern is that if I had to pack up the girls and head over to the apple store at Kahala that they might say I was a Hacker Mom. I can't even hack a loogie let alone an iPhone!
            The regular hacks are not really the problem, it's the ones who hacked the iphone to unlock it that are screwed.

if you installed 3rd party apps, hacks, etc without unlocking your phone all that would happen is a full restore, but your phone would still work.

my update when smooth, i even was using iToner to put my own ringtones, but it didn't mess up my phone, but iToner no longer works

Comment

I can't seem to get my Wifi to work either. It provided me a new iTunes icon, which is great, but since Wifi has been disabled somehow (not by me), I cannot log on. So I need to spend sometime looking at the manual (RTFM) and figure it out. Or I need to go consult a genius at the bar, which I'd prefer, but not with two little munchkins in tow.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I can't seem to get my Wifi to work either. It provided me a new iTunes icon, which is great, but since Wifi has been disabled somehow (not by me), I cannot log on. So I need to spend sometime looking at the manual (RTFM) and figure it out. Or I need to go consult a genius at the bar, which I'd prefer, but not with two little munchkins in tow.
                did you go to the Wifi setting and make sure it is turned on? Just go to Setting->Wifi

Comment

Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
                  did you go to the Wifi setting and make sure it is turned on? Just go to Setting->Wifi
                  I did, seems my passwords or something are awol. i can't even get on my wifi at home, and need to get the pw from my dh.
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Fortunately I was able to reset it and now I'm restoring it.
                    Your wi-fi settings aren't saved in the backup file, so when you do a full restore, you have to input your WEP key all over again. That's probably what happened to you.

Comment

Originally posted by DaFerret View Post
                      Your wi-fi settings aren't saved in the backup file, so when you do a full restore, you have to input your WEP key all over again. That's probably what happened to you.
                      Once again, DaFerret, my hero. My husband is a total PC guy and the closest he gets to an apple is his shuffle and a braeburn. Mahalo for your help AGAIN!!
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

My husband is a total PC guy and the closest he gets to an apple is his shuffle and a braeburn.
                        I don't know why he has to do a shuffle dance to get close to a piece of fruit, but I'm worried about that "braeburn" 'cause I've never heard of that kind of burn. Does he need to use a stronger SPF sunscreen or what?

Yes, yes, I'll shut up and go away now.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Once again, DaFerret, my hero. My husband is a total PC guy and the closest he gets to an apple is his shuffle and a braeburn. Mahalo for your help AGAIN!!
                          No problem. It's a bit of a hassle to have to re-input your WEP key when you restore. I hope a future update will accomodate that.

Glad everything's working fine!

Comment

Am I the only person who agreed to last Monday's iPhone 1.1.1 update and now cannot upload photos from the camera to the computer, quickly loses battery power, and has their iPhone get hotter and hotter?

I have an appt at the genius bar at kahala mall this afternoon at 4:45. I asked them about it on Thursday when I took my husband's shuffle in for some troubleshooting. Craftily, the sales geniuses give me a 'DUH?' It's such a trip to trip up nerd. Talk about frail egos. I don't want them to NOT know the answer. I want them to KNOW, to be AWARE of the PROBLEM, and to FIX IT.

Is anyone else experiencing these iPhone symptoms? I love it, but, I already had to reset it once and lost Kid One's birthday photos from her party last weekend!
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Some time last week I had a full battery, kept the wi-fi setting turned on (usually have it off, even at home) and the next day it was down to 20%. After doing a full charge at work I haven't encountered similar, even keeping wi-fi turned on during the weekend.

I haven't taken new photos recently but will try that out tonight and see if they sync.

You could shut off the phone (Hold the sleep button down then slide the onscreen slider), wait a few seconds then turn it back on. I've noticed that all cellphones, especially "smart" ones, like to be rebooted from time to time.

When in doubt though, (hopefully) a genius should get you to good.

Comment

I almost did it...then I ordered me another treo (the only unlocked version that they carry, because I will not leave tmobile). Call me a sucker for the reliability and PalmOS interface that I have known/loved for several years.

pax

Comment

Working...
                                X