Who bought an iPhone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who bought an iPhone?

While catching up on my blog feeds, I came across this and this. To me, it's a bit much, but I'm not speaking from a legal perspective, more of a common sense perspective. Is there basis for these lawsuits?
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
      Is anyone else experiencing these iPhone symptoms? I love it, but, I already had to reset it once and lost Kid One's birthday photos from her party last weekend!
      Sounds like unusual symptoms. My photos have been uploading/syncing fine and I haven't had any power issues. Hopefully a (competent) Mac Genius will sort everything out.

Originally posted by InfinityProductions
      While catching up on my blog feeds, I came across this and this. To me, it's a bit much, but I'm not speaking from a legal perspective, more of a common sense perspective. Is there basis for these lawsuits?
      I had mentioned the first lawsuit earlier in this thread. Yes, they're pretty ridiculous, but hey, in America, you can file lawsuits up the ying yang... even if they don't seem to have any merit. And don't forget about inmate Jonathan Lee Riches, who has filed a number of lawsuits against public figures for "wildly improbable offenses." He recently sued Steve Jobs and O.J. Simpson.
      Last edited by liberty; October 8, 2007, 09:38 PM.

Comment

An update:

At the Genius Bar at Kahala Mall yesterday, Ian and Jason determined that the swift depletion of my battery was an indicator that yes, something was wrong. I was so concerned about the heat it was generating and worried about completely losing battery power, that I turned it off at about 9 a.m. I turned it back on at about 4 p.m. to see if it would "perform" and get all hot again in time for my appointment, but it did not.

So at apple, using a mac of course, the guys were able to draw my photos out, restore the iPhone and put my photos back. I get home to sync it with my life, which is on a PC, and it didn't see it. Jason, who seemed to be less experienced than Ian, asked Ian if it would work once I got it home to my PC after having been cheating on it with a mac, and Ian said yes. Ian was WRONG! I plan to let them know that I had to restore it yet again. It's working now. I think it's safe to say that iPhones are monogamous creatures.

The separate issue I'm having with the photos: Adobe Photoshop Photo Album program (I think that's what it's called), recognizes that a digitial camera is on, but can't seem to connect to the iphone for the photos. Before 1.1.1, I was able to upload my photos to my computer from my iPhone.

Ian and Jason made a record of my visit with the serial number of my iPhone, etc., but I think the next time there are issues, I will bring the PC laptop that I sync it with to see if they can help me out...and I might do that pretty soon if my photos still won't dislodge.

At least my life is back online!
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Sorry lavagal. I got lost in my Monday Marathon and didn't try taking a new snapshot and sync my iPhone.

Ian was sorta correct that the iPhone could go huggy with a PC and Mac. Except that when they restored it, I think they designated that Mac they used as the primary device to sync to, so it became the default. I was able to sync my iPhone with my Mac laptop at home and my workstation at work. But the iPhone really only accepts one as the default sync when it comes to contacts/organizer info and one for music/video. Although it should've been detected but your laptop didn't see the iPhone?

As for the photos, even if I did test on mine, I don't know if it would've been of much help. I use Photo Booth. :/ Maybe check to see if a "removable media/storage" device has been added to your windows explorer window (double-click "My Computer" or hold down your windows key and tap "E") when you connect your iPhone? If there is one, see if you can browse it for the photos.

How did you sync your photos prior to the update? Was it automatic or did you need to start up the Adobe program?

Comment

How did I get my photos off iPhone pre 1.1.1? I don't friggen remember, that was so last week, lol! But I will see if your directions help me. thanks daferret!
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

eep! Don't use your iphone if you fly to the mainland and back on ATA

Comment

I went back to the genius bar on Tuesday, the next day, because the phone heated up again and the battery was losing juice fast. They could tell by my the usage indicator that something was amiss. So they gave me a new iphone, simply took out the sim card and put it in the new one. the photo issue i still have but my husband gave me a little digital to have with me all the time. it's a canon, so the pix would be of a better quality anyway. iphone is good for a quick email of a shot, but the pix aren't the best.

as for using a phone on the airline...haven't done that yet. will have to follow Kelly's link.
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Yikes! How frustrating for Casey. I don't think I would have made as big of a deal as he did, especially if the plane was half-an-hour away from landing...

Lavagirl, that's great that they gave you a new iPhone. Hope that battery/overheating issue was an isolated problem with the previous phone.

Check out the new Web apps directory for iPhone and iPod Touch. Call me cheesy, but I was glad to be able to play Bejeweled on my iPhone.

Comment

Apple cans 800 employees for cashing in on iPhone rebates

800 Apple employees claim $100 rebate on free iPhone, lose their jobs.

http://www.slashgear.com/apple-cans-...tes-198057.php

Nice try, guys. Good luck in your search for future employment.
                    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Interesting comments at the bottom of the article!!!

Comment

Oh, brother. I didn't read the comments. But then, they're all anonymous, so when it is publicly responded to by Apple that they did not do this, then I'll have to believe it.

Blaine
                        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Working...
                        X