Case v. Gabbard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Case v. Gabbard

I couldn't possibly vote for Gabbard, but I also couldn't possibly vote for Bush2.

Unfortunately, in the upcoming election, I don't want to vote for ANYONE who is running for ANY office ...

... so I'll sit this one out, and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
      I couldn't possibly vote for Gabbard
      You can't anyway or for Case for that matter too since they are running for a seat that does not represent the area of Hawaii that you (and I) reside in.

Comment

Other than the "are you now or have you ever been" tone of the religious questions, none of those strike me as unfair. Good for Ed.
        I thought the religious questions were quite fair. Public servants, especially those running for federal office, need to be open about their life, even their personal life. I'm sure you'd want to know if Kerry had a shrine to Jim Jones in his house.

ISKCON (which Gabbard, Reed, and Chris Butler are not members of) is a cult which wont own up to sexually abusing children. Science of Identity Foundation (Butler AKA Siddhaswarupananda's group) is just another cult, which just happens to be much better at stealth and maintaining a very low profile, while exploiting their rank and file members.
        Last edited by Vanguard; August 12, 2004, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Vanguard, I had my editor's hat on; I thought those questions could have been phrased a little less confrontationally, that's all. I agree the requests are legitimate.
          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Ah right! Didn't mean to jump the gun.

Comment

Flew into Hilo yesterday for my one week vacation on the Big Island. I could not help but notice a ton of Gabbard yard signs erected in many neighborhoods in Hilo and many more along the Hamakua Coast going into Honokaa. I don't know if this is an indication of anything, but just thought it might be something for Oahu folks to note.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Hey Mel,

I've noticed a lot of yards with both Gabbard and Case signs! Kinda dysfunctional families over here aren't they?

You still coming over to Kea'au for a visit?
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I've seen at least one. I think it's that different family members have diffrent candidates they're rooting for.

Comment

I've seen a few Case and Gabbard signs on the same property in Waimea today. This phenomena is kind of like what occurs out in Waipahu, where you see Mufi and Bainum signs on the same lot. It seems if you went on signs alone, at least in certain parts of the Big Island, Gabbard could be ahead of Case... but then this is only an observation based on yard signs. Not scientific at all.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The first post said this election campaign isn’t going to be friendly, I gotta agree.

I've followed Case's career since his failed bid for Governor, and now congress. Gabbard, a one-issue-man according to Case, seems to have a commendable council record on important issues like water, environment, trash disposal, taxes reform, Hawaiian issues, to name some that are very different from the marriage-issue.

Case has done many, many talk stories but the only bill he has introduced
                      is to rename a post-office A candidate can listen to the constituents but will he actually act on it?

Someone mentioned that this Congressional District has only ever been represented by democrats. So was the Governorship, until Lingle ended 40 yrs of one party rule. One party rule is bad for democracy IMO. To quote a cliché – there’s always a first time.

Change is good, and will help eliminate corruption...Btw, apparently Case's cousin Steve Case is a big landowner on the neighbor islands (Maui Pineapple Co), and Ed Case is on the Congressional Agricultural Committee....hmmmmm

I recall another post saying that Case should do better than this. I agree. He’s a congressman in office and should behave as such. The negativity he exudes to his opponents implies that he is diverting attention from his own shortcomings... Right now Hawai'i needs a Great Uniter, like Kamehameha I....The Life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness...But case seems more self-righteous in his advocacy of extreme liberal views....this does not perpetuate the life of the land imo...

I'm not sure if I'll even vote, its not very motivating seeing all this negativity..... But I do know that the views I hold seem represented more by Gabbard than Case. Case’ morals seem almost non-existent, anything to get a vote kind of vibe...
                      Last edited by hanai; August 18, 2004, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Ed Case's cousin is Steve Case? Owner of AOL? Everybody in this race seems to be manipulated by a more powerful person in the shadows, in my opinion.

I found information about SIF which Gabbard is allegedly a member of. Fascinating ...

http://forum.rickross.com/viewtopic.php?t=820

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard
                          Ed Case's cousin is Steve Case? Owner of AOL? Everybody in this race seems to be manipulated by a more powerful person in the shadows, in my opinion.

I found information about SIF which Gabbard is allegedly a member of. Fascinating ...

http://forum.rickross.com/viewtopic.php?t=820
                          Yeah, the Steve-Ed connection is interesting, if you search the archives on NY post you can see Steve is investing millions into development of his Maui land holdings, opening fair questions as to the actions of Ed on the agricultural commitee. I wonder if they have a jeremy harris contracts for contributions program going on, or somesuch.

Anyway, I deliberately avoided the religion aspect, as I do not know much about it. But Vanguard, I’m sure if you can take what someone somebody else said, I’m sure you can take that which is more direct.

Maybe you haven’t seen this, from Mike's offical site http://www.mikegabbardreligion.com/ :

Question: How do you feel about the Science of Identity Foundation and Chris Butler?

Answer: Although I am not a member of the Science of Identity Foundation, I am eternally thankful to Chris Butler, the founder of SIF, whose teachings helped inspire me to return to my Catholic roots and the fundamental teachings of Jesus Christ.

Question: I’ve heard so many rumors about Mike Gabbard’s religion. I’ve heard you were a Bahai, a Moonie, a Hare Krishna, a Mormon, a Christian Scientist, a Buddhist. Why is it that some people don’t seem to know you’re a Catholic?

Answer: Maybe because my political opponents like to spread lots of false rumors. But also, remember I spent decades studying and exploring various major religious philosophies and schools of thought. I am very well acquainted with both Eastern and Western philosophies and I have great respect for people of the different faiths of the world.

Also, I feel quite comfortable moving freely amongst people of different religious faiths. I not only enjoy attending Catholic and Evangelical worship services, I also enjoy worshiping with people of non-Christian faiths. And you may not know, over the years I have given lectures and sermons on the subject of selfless service, devotion to God and meditation to people of all faiths.

Most non-Christians know that I’m a Catholic, but they feel comfortable with me because they know I respect them and their values.

I firmly believe that if our world is to overcome the dark forces of selfishness, hatred, racism, and sectarian violence, that those who hold to universal spiritual values, no matter what our faith, must work together in a spirit of aloha and have the courage to stand up and fight for what’s right.

Comment

Seeing as how SIF holds private meetings, and even aspirants aren't allowed there after quite some time of being checked out, there is no reliable way of verifying Gabbard's claims. How convenient for him.

Comment

There's an incidental mention of Mike Gabbard in the July 5 issue of The Nation (its theme is same-sex marriage), to which I subscribe and which arrived in today's mail:

Mike Gabbard, who led the fight against gay marriage in Hawaii, has thrown his hat into a Congressional race there... (p. 35)

Comment

Why are they being pitted against each other when the primary's aren't even over? I wonder how Gentile feels bout that.

I don't like Case because of his blatant lack of respect for life.

Comment

Working...
                                X