Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lingle/Harbin debacle

Originally posted by Jewlipino
    Wasn't referring to Republican Govs, there weren't any But when the GOP had a seat open the Dem Gov appointed someone they wanted (more or less, politics being the world that it is) and not some faux dem like Harbin.
    Is this really true? Because I could have sworn that the press coverage that I've read all said that it was customary for a representative to be replaced by someone of the same party. Can you give examples, one way or the other, of times when the governor has replaced people?

Comment

I think the sentence was confusing.... To clarify: The only other case I can remember off the top of my head was when a GOP needed to be replaced during one of Cayetano's term and was replaced by a GOP choice. And yes it IS customary for that to be the case (until Lingle picked Harbin). As far as I know the dems never put in a faux GOP when they had the opportunity, but respected the GOPs right to pick the replacement. Let me do a little research, the scope will be from statehood till the present, and we'll get a more complete picture.

Jewlipino

Comment

Wasn't referring to Republican Govs, there weren't any
        Yeah, that was my point. But now it looks as though I might have misunderstood your point. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Figured it'd be better to bump this general political thread on Harbin rather than the one specific to her fight with TalkStink.com. The Honolulu Advertiser wrote up the state House District 28 race.

Bev Harbin, Karl Rhoads, and Carlton Middleton on the Democratic side, Collin Wong on the Republican side.

Now, am I the only one who's noticed several people posting campaign signs for both Rhoads and Wong? I love it. "Democrat, Republican, I don't care, as long as it's not Harbin!"

Comment

I predict it will be between Karl Rhoads and Collin Wong.

Both are fine gentlemen and would represent my District very well.

However, I am supporting Mr. Rhoads.

Last week, Collin dropped three bags of Rubber Slippers to my hale for my Annual Christmas Slippah Fund which started right here on HT last year. It has blossomed into something all it's own.

Yes, It's either Karl or Colin in the General. No Harbin is in sight.

For District 28 ~ no memory of her will be a blessing.

For Governor Linda Lingle ~ HAHAHAHAHAHA

Next time no be sneaky.

We all know why you wen choose her in the first place so dat Collin could win easily and get elected into office. It neva work.

Auntie Lynn
            Last edited by 1stwahine; August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM.
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

If anyone happens to see Harbin sign waving... please get a picture of it (and her supporters).... I would love to see this!

Comment

In this weeks weekly... Harbin herself prints a letter to the editor.

She whines and gripes and then goes on to try and gain sympathy.

Too funny!

The last sentence....
                Hopefully, I will at some point also be able to correct the other meanspirited, biased misperceptions you, for whatever reason, continue to publish about me and my family. Rep. Bev Harbin, District 28
                So I guess she thinks that only the Weekly thinks crappy of her?

Can we soon expect the same of her on HT?

Comment

Such a small island.... I went to school with Colin Wong. Seemed like an ok fellow, but I checked up on his credentials and positions and I'm not sold. Not sure if I mentioned it but my initial negative opinion of Rep. Harbin changed when I saw how hard she worked in the '06 Leg. to represent her district and its interests. If district residents can see past the controversy that got her into office I think they would be well served by her.

Jewlipino

Comment

Such a small island.... I went to school with Colin Wong. Seemed like an ok fellow, but I checked up on his credentials and positions and I'm not sold. Not sure if I mentioned it but my initial negative opinion of Rep. Harbin changed when I saw how hard she worked in the '06 Leg. to represent her district and its interests. If district residents can see past the controversy that got her into office I think they would be well served by her.

Jewlipino
                    your kidding right?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                      your kidding right?
                      Nope. He/she is Nuts juss like Harbin!!!

Don't foget Karl Rhoads is running and he is the best candidate!

Auntie Lynn
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; August 23, 2006, 06:11 PM.
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

It's not my district so I'm not well educated on it, sorry. My opinion of her changed so I thought it necessary to mention it since I had posted earlier griping about it. How do you feel about Rhoads? Checked his website and he seems qualified AND he is free of the taint that Harbin has, definitely a plus. wow. I just broke off and checked out the money situation with all the candidates.

Harbin: last reported 6/30/06 $426.66 (reported non-electronically)
                        Rhoads: last reported 6/30/06 $31075.72 (reported electronically)
                        Wong: last reported 6/30/06 $12138.57 (reported electronically)

Things don't look so good for Harbin.....

Jewlipino

Comment

It's not my district so I'm not well educated on it, sorry. My opinion of her changed so I thought it necessary to mention it since I had posted earlier griping about it. How do you feel about Rhoads? Checked his website and he seems qualified AND he is free of the taint that Harbin has, definitely a plus. wow. I just broke off and checked out the money situation with all the candidates.

Harbin: last reported 6/30/06 $426.66 (reported non-electronically)
                          Rhoads: last reported 6/30/06 $31075.72 (reported electronically)
                          Wong: last reported 6/30/06 $12138.57 (reported electronically)

Things don't look so good for Harbin.....

Jewlipino
                          So are you telling us that you would vote for Harbin if you were in the district?

Comment

Not saying I would vote for anyone. Just didn't want to focus on the negative, the whole appointment was controversial and I still don't like what was done.

Jewlipino

Comment

Nachodaddy....

Is this what your signature is about?

Comment

Working...
                              X