New smoking ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New smoking ban

I'm right there with you on smokers rights. I think business owners should be able to decide if they allow it or not. I just think it's a sign of a lack of intelligence to smoke at this point in time. That said, I support the rights of people to be stupid. I'm not interested in the gvt being a babysitter and protecting ourselves from making bad choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
      Aloha Kine... I've been cigarette free for 14 days in anticipation of yesterday!

Feeling better and better each day... however, I won't be one to scold smokers.... that's not my style....

I hate former smokers who do scold smokers... that's lame.

Alohakine... i do feel sorry for you.... NOT!
      The big drug companies that sell quitting products help fund the antis and the politicians. Laws like this are a deceptive secret marketing tool for them. Look's like they got you to be a believer. What a scam. I feel great as a smoker and will never crumble to their cruel marketing techniques - I'll smoke more and in forbidden places just to flout their draconian law.

Originally posted by brianca View Post
      I'm right there with you on smokers rights. I think business owners should be able to decide if they allow it or not. I just think it's a sign of a lack of intelligence to smoke at this point in time. That said, I support the rights of people to be stupid. I'm not interested in the gvt being a babysitter and protecting ourselves from making bad choices.
      Lack of intelligence? To give in is a lack of will power to stand up for what's right. It will hurt the smokers rights cause as we stand to loose more of our people to the other side. I always work to help smokers not quit to prevent desertion from our side. At least some people here can understand.

Comment

Originally posted by christa View Post
        i remember that place. it wasn't an arm and leg-- started out as $50 then went to $25. never remember any strippers. in fact, it was actually a decent establishment. very nice place to pay at the door, have unlimited drinks, and meet people in super complimentary lighting. god, i remember going there a lot. until the sun came up -- and what a beautiful sunrise it was from that high up. in FACT.. i was there when it was raided by the police. how nice to be all dressed up and chatting away in a nice penthouse overlooking the city then having multiple policemen running around yelling at everyone, shining flashlights in your face like you're breaking the law.

whatever the complaints were... well whatever. all i'm saying is that place never gave me a shady vibe. it WAS dark... but it was always nice.

[but you DID have to go all the way down to the lobby to smoke]
        closed/shut down...that atty /former judge richard lee ran it....he was EVIL. and yes i know that personally :P

Comment

FYI -

There were smoking areas inside the ticketed area of Aloha Stadium for tonights UH vs. San Jose game.

(and they were packed with people and had buckets set up by the stadium officials that were used as ashtrays)

2 weeks and counting for me w/out a smoke!!!!

And have only gained a few pounds

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree View Post
            closed/shut down...that atty /former judge richard lee ran it....he was EVIL. and yes i know that personally :P
            really? damn. evil people suck. sorry to have contributed to the short-lived venture of a douche.
            Last edited by christa; November 20, 2006, 07:19 AM.
            life is ok sometimes

Comment

They ought to change it to read "2000 feet" instead of the current "20 feet" from any building.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                They ought to change it to read "2000 feet" instead of the current "20 feet" from any building.

Hey maybe we can enlist Phyto to change those signs a bit
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Actually, they ought to change it from the current "20 feet" to read "2 feet" instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                    Actually, they ought to change it from the current "20 feet" to read "2 feet" instead.
                    I take it you smoke?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      I take it you smoke?
                      Nope, but I wish someone would file suit and get the law overturned.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                        Nope, but I wish someone would file suit and get the law overturned.
                        Ahh PJ you're such an activist

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                          Ahh PJ you're such an activist
                          Hmm... maybe I should go buy a pack of smokes and light up like six of them at once, just to see who I could piss off.

But I'd probably puke from all the smoke in my face.

Comment

ought to just put the law in the trash where it belongs.
                            Last edited by AlohaKine; November 20, 2006, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                              FYI -

There were smoking areas inside the ticketed area of Aloha Stadium for tonights UH vs. San Jose game.

(and they were packed with people and had buckets set up by the stadium officials that were used as ashtrays)

2 weeks and counting for me w/out a smoke!!!!

And have only gained a few pounds
                              I bet those guys in the parking lot really had a good view of the game. Think they'll want to go there more games in the future? As you can see our government HATES smokers and loves it when they are miserable - so sick. Maybe Linda Lingle can invite Westboro Baptist Church to the next game with signs that say " GOD HATES SMOKERS ". I know she'd do it just to make our smoking population feel even worse.
                              Last edited by AlohaKine; November 20, 2006, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
                                I bet those guys in the parking lot really had a good view of the game. Think they'll want to go there more games in the future? As you can see our government HATES smokers and loves it when they are miserable - so sick. Maybe Linda Lingle can invite Westboro Baptist Church to the next game with signs that say " GOD HATES SMOKERS ". I know she'd do it just to make our smoking population feel even worse.
                                HUH?

I didn't say people were smoking in the parking lots! Where did you get that from?

Aloha Stadium made special accomodations for those that did...(inside the ticketed area...yet still outside the actual stadium...)

AND YOU COULD NEVER get a view of the game even before the law was enacted as you still had to smoke outside of the actual stands inside of the ticketed area.

Comment

Working...
                                X