No announcement yet.

Political Correctness - GET OVER IT !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Political Correctness - GET OVER IT !!

edited......

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
      Yes, culture A that does not value education as highly as culture B will most likely not turn out as many students that perform as well. This has nothing to do with the potential of each culture or each person. It's just plain simple logic that if you focus and work on something, you tend to be better. Practice makes perfect as they say. A good example is that in most Asian cultures, sports is not emphasized so you tend to see a much smaller number of Asian professional athletes.
      This probably has alot to do with genetics. Asian kids are typically smaller than other cultures. My kid goes to a 95% Chinese High School, and tells me that their football team is horrible, cos it's so many little, skinny Chinese kids. She says they get their ass kicked on a regular basis by the teams with more black kids on it. Why? simple genetics. Alot of the black kids are just way bigger and stronger. Of course there are exceptions, but this is usualy the case.

She also told me that the parents of these kids make their kids go to after school-school. They really instill the importance education in their kids.
      These kids are all about calculus, and science...tomorrow's doctor's.

It's the parents that instill this drive. The kids just grow up with it, and it's all they know.
      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
        This probably has alot to do with genetics. Asian kids are typically smaller than other cultures. My kid goes to a 95% Chinese High School, and tells me that their football team is horrible, cos it's so many little, skinny Chinese kids. She says they get their ass kicked on a regular basis by the teams with more black kids on it. Why? simple genetics. Alot of the black kids are just way bigger and stronger. Of course there are exceptions, but this is usualy the case.

She also told me that the parents of these kids make their kids go to after school-school. They really instill the importance education in their kids.
        These kids are all about calculus, and science...tomorrow's doctor's.

It's the parents that instill this drive. The kids just grow up with it, and it's all they know.
        In regards to sports, I am not so sure about the argument of genetics. True, you see a lot of smaller Chinese people in America. But that's also because the bulk of Chinese immigrants came from Southern China and they are usually smaller on average in stature. However, they alone do not represent all Chinese. Northern Chinese tend to be the same stature as your average Caucasian. But Northern Chinese have tend not to be immigrants to other countries. Only in recent years has that changed. Just like the comparison to Blacks. Sure, most tend to be of bigger stature but you need to go further back. Since most Black Americans are of slave decent, I'm pretty sure the slave owners of the day selected bigger Blacks as slaves since they would do better in the fields. If you look at Africans from Africa, there are many of small stature as well.

Also, what sports are you using for comparison? If it's just football, isn't that a bit biased? What about golf? Swimming? What about gymnastics? Seems the smaller the better in that sport, no?

Comment

West africa are were you find the explosive athletes. East Africa is where you find the endurance athletes.
          Lot's of Nigerians in the NFL. Muscular, athletic, and explosive.

Anyone what to bring up Samoans?
          "it has been estimated that a Samoan male (either an American Samoan, or a Samoan living in the 50 United States) is 40 times more likely to play in the NFL than a non-Samoan American."

http://espn.go.com/gen/s/2002/0527/1387626.html

"American Samoa, however, is the true and seemingly unlikeliest of football factories. It is to the NFL what the Dominican Republic is to Major League Baseball. With a population of less than 65,000, it is roughly equivalent in size to Carlsbad, Calif., Schenectady, N.Y., Danbury, Conn., or Hunt, Texas.

There are about 500,000 Samoans in the world and more than 200 play Division I football. A Samoan boy, according to estimates, is 40 times more likely to make it to the NFL than a boy from the mainland."

Lots of top colleges go to American Samoa to recruit.
          Last edited by PoiBoy; January 18, 2007, 03:51 PM.

Comment

You guys should see china's olympic program. It starts from birth.
            You think i'm joking but i'm not.

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
              "it has been estimated that a Samoan male (either an American Samoan, or a Samoan living in the 50 United States) is 40 times more likely to play in the NFL than a non-Samoan American."
              Seattle loves the Tuiasosopos: Marques, Zach & Matt. The first two played football at UW, while Matt went to baseball, joining the Mariners. Oh, and sister Leslie coaches volleyball at UW.

Comment

West africa are were you find the explosive athletes. East Africa is where you find the endurance athletes.
                Lot's of Nigerians in the NFL. Muscular, athletic, and explosive.

http://espn.go.com/gen/s/2002/0527/1387626.html

"American Samoa, however, is the true and seemingly unlikeliest of football factories. It is to the NFL what the Dominican Republic is to Major League Baseball. With a population of less than 65,000, it is roughly equivalent in size to Carlsbad, Calif., Schenectady, N.Y., Danbury, Conn., or Hunt, Texas.

There are about 500,000 Samoans in the world and more than 200 play Division I football. A Samoan boy, according to estimates, is 40 times more likely to make it to the NFL than a boy from the mainland."

Lots of top colleges go to American Samoa to recruit.
                As I understand, American football is the big sport for American Samoa whereas Rugby is the deal for Samoa (Western Samoa).

Comment

As I understand, American football is the big sport for American Samoa whereas Rugby is the deal for Samoa (Western Samoa).
                  It really has nothing to do with the sport. It's the genetics. Those genetics can excell in any explosive sport.

Comment

It really has nothing to do with the sport. It's the genetics. Those genetics can excell in any explosive sport.
                    Ok......if is has nothing to do with the sport, will you say Samoans will excel in gymnastics? What about cheerleading? Or is the key in your statement "explosive"?

Comment

• Re: Political Correctness - GET OVER IT !!

I can tell you're not an athlete bro. "explosive sport"<-----repeat for you

You need to accept the fact that some races are more "genetically inclined" to excell in some sports.

There are different types of athletes. Some sports are more endurance..some strength..some speed...some are more skill...etc
                      Last edited by PoiBoy; January 18, 2007, 04:16 PM.

Comment

I can tell you're not an athlete bro. "explosive sport"<-----repeat for you

You need to accept the fact that some races are more "genetically inclined" to excell in some sports.

There are different types of athletes.

I can tell you're the stereotypical jock bro. And did you not see my last statement? Or is the key in your statement "explosive"? I already anticipated your perception.

You need to accept the fact that some sports favor certain physical features, it's not that some races are more "genetically inclined" to excel in some sports.

Physical environments will create races that are more "genetically inclined" to that environment. Not sports. If the rules for football were to be changed so that all players need to wear high heel shoes on the field, wanna bet the big, tough guys will have a hard time playing well?

If you think gymnastics or modern day cheerleading is a joke, maybe you should try a backflip or two and get back to me.

Comment

I can tell you're the stereotypical jock bro. And did you not see my last statement? Or is the key in your statement "explosive"? I already anticipated your perception.
                          I shouldn't have to repeat myself. I said "explosive sports"

You need to accept the fact that some sports favor certain physical features, it's not that some races are more "genetically inclined" to excel in some sports.

physical features=genetics

Physical environments will create races that are more "genetically inclined" to that environment. Not sports. If the rules for football were to be changed so that all players need to wear high heel shoes on the field, wanna bet the big, tough guys will have a hard time playing well?
                          duh!

If you think gymnastics or modern day cheerleading is a joke, maybe you should try a backflip or two and get back to me.
                          I never said it was a joke. wtf? We know there are different types of athletes.

It's all good bro...maybe just a misunderstanding on your part.
                          Last edited by PoiBoy; January 18, 2007, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Hey PB, thanks for the good laugh, it's always someone else's misunderstanding. It's all good.

Yes, physical features = genetics. But that wasn't the argument. The argument is that you say some races are more genetically inclined to some "explosive" sports. I say some sports favor certain physical features. They sound the same but they are not the same. One is putting the cart in front of the horse and the other puts the horse in front of the cart.

My example of changing the rules in football so that players are required to wear high heel shoes makes that point. Since you agree if all the big football players can't play well with high heels, can you still say some races are more genetically inclined to some sports? With high heels, maybe that skinny, light-weight guy (different physical features) will run circles against the heavy set guys struggling with the heels? Does your statement then hold water? So with the current football rules in place, football favors certain physical features like heavy set. But if the rules change....then possibly no.

I never needed you to repeat "explosive sports". I just find that to be so vague and arbitrary. Rifle sports I consider as "explosive" since you've got gunpowder igniting and explosive combustion propelling a bullet. But would you consider that an "explosive sport"? How would the big tough guy have an advantage vs the scrawny little guy in that competition? You can repeat the words "explosive sport" all you want but without a definition, it's up to anyone's interpretation. And because it's up to interpretation, I interpret your view of other sports such as gymnastics or cheerleading as a joke because somehow, I don't think you would consider them as "explosive sports". Maybe if you define "explosive sports", then there would be less confusion?

Comment

This thread has been just terrific. Drifting all over, like a 85 RX-7 with a Turbo and NOS.

What fun it is to throw political correctness out the window and just talk as if we aren't being judged.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com
                              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                                just talk as if we aren't being judged.
                                Aw, man! Judge Tim is back in the room! Why wasn't somebody watching the door, to warn us? Now, we're gonna get it...grumblemumblepout...

Comment

Working...
                                X