This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Twister, Tender Roast sandwich and a cup of Mountain Dew from KFC.

Comment

I just want to make that chicken recipe!!! and someone has sent me links to metric conversion charts that I can use so I'll be able to do it! I'll let you know how it turns out.

This weekend its "Cabernet Beef Short Ribs with Apricots" which will be cooked in the crock pot. Only I'll use Zinfandel because that's what I have on hand. The recipe also includes dijon mustard and lots of garlic. It's a Moroccan style recipe which I love. The recipe is from a cookbook called "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes" I'll give a report on the results on sunday.
      Last edited by anapuni808; January 30, 2009, 10:27 PM.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Polish dog, slices of pizza and a cup of Diet Coke from Sam's Club.

Comment

ok - I made the short ribs in the crock pot. They were good but not spectacular (like I had expected from the recipe). I will make again but will change the recipe a bit to make the different tastes stronger. The wine, onion, garlic, dijon mustard & apricots cooked together so much that all the flavors together seemed very "blah". Served with garlic mash potatoes and a fruity sauvignon blanc.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Turkey and cheese sandwiches and orange juice.

Comment

hi this is sansei and tonight i had two sunny side up egg's on rice with the yolk's on the rice and i had fried cabbage and my mom had her fried eggplant with rice and packaged tempura and last night,we had steak fried on our frying pan with fried soba and fried bell pepper's with rice and everything was yum!

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                hi this is sansei and tonight i had two sunny side up egg's on rice with the yolk's on the rice and i had fried cabbage and my mom had her fried eggplant with rice and packaged tempura and last night,we had steak fried on our frying pan with fried soba and fried bell pepper's with rice and everything was yum!

What?! No fried sardines and shoyu on that egg and rice?
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to susie misajon,i rarely use shoyu on rice and egg's is my bp is near borderline even though im not taking med's is twice a month,i have my bp checked so this is a reason i use on my rice furikake which is better than shoyu. i hope this may help with your thought's?

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                    hi this is sansei and in response to susie misajon,i rarely use shoyu on rice and egg's is my bp is near borderline even though im not taking med's is twice a month,i have my bp checked so this is a reason i use on my rice furikake which is better than shoyu. i hope this may help with your thought's?

Hi Sansei,

My advice is to eat what you want So long as you keep your B.P. less than 140 (top line). You can buy a small gadget which will monitor your B.P for about $15.

Comment

Turkey and cheese sandwiches, orange, banana and orange juice.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                        Turkey and cheese sandwiches, orange, banana and orange juice.
                        Oh, Helen! I am SO proud of you!!
                        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

a bag of chex mix and a coke
                          stay forever young

Comment

Cold cut sandwiches, orange, banana, cold veggies/cheese and orange juice.

Comment

(me too, me too )
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Savoury Crispy Onion Rings

I served this with fluffy rice (not the sticky stuff).

Chicken breasts fried with garlic and red bell pepper slices.

By merln at 2009-02-04

Served with love it goes down well.

Comment

Working...
                                X