This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

The last of my leftovers from Tony Roma's: onion loaf, bread (w/ butter), mozarella stick, 1/2 a loaded baked potato, and ribs.
    I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 3

tonight's supper menu at my house: Roast beef with gravy (secret ingredient of campbell's golden mushroom soup, a little water and sprinkling of onion soup mix...shhhh and don't tell) , field peas with greenbeans, sticky rice for the gravy and steamed cabbage. Yup, there are enough leftovers for lunch at work tomorrow, if I can keep the teenager out of the rice and gravy. Now for dessert--I found a box of Girl Scout thin mints!

Comment

Beef and Cheeder sandwich, and a bunch of finger foods from Arby's.

Comment

fried Spam and cheese sandwich
        water
        I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kanahina View Post
          fried Spam and cheese sandwich
          water
          Fried Spam and cheese sandwich? I thought you were eating healthy.

As for me, oden (frozen, from Don Quiote) with daikon and Chinese mustard cabbage, and a small bottle of sake. That was my healthy one-day-in-the-week meal. Tomorrow, maybe a plate lunch.

Comment

i made a very ugly, but tasty enough whole wheat mac and cheese with turkey taco filling. the original plan was to make the mac and cheese in a pot, the taco meat in the pan, and once both were cooked, combine the two. but i got lazy. i cooked the noodles. i cooked & seasoned the turkey (my own spice mix of chili powder, cumin, oregano & cinnamon). i dumped the noodles into the pan with the turkey, then poured the milk/egg/dry mustard mixture in with the meat/noodles and folded in the shredded cheddar/colby/monterey jack. it all blended into a homogenous lump of gray-brown bleh.

ah well. eric seemed to like it well enough, and while i am dissatisfied, it did taste good...just not as good as it would have had i cooked the dish the way i intended. thank goodness i have friends who are single and don't get much home cooking, cause we have enough for six more healthy servings.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

My mom took my family and I out for my birthday to Tsukiji Fish Market & Restaurant at Ala Moana Center, part of the Ho'okipa Terrace. Very nice, much more upscale than feeding troughs like Todai and Makino Chaya. But, ultimately, it's a buffet, so for all the bulk, the quality seemed rather sterile and uninspired. At least the kids ate well... and they ate free, too!

Turns out photography is not allowed, though of course notification came somewhat late in the meal. See all the photos they don't want you to see here!

Comment

Leftover teriyaki pork, brown rice, sauteed bok choy, with a side of home made wonton in soup.
                Lika

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                  Fried Spam and cheese sandwich? I thought you were eating healthy.
                  Oh no, I never claimed to be eating "healthy"! I am just eating less. I eat those breakfast bars for breakfast and lunch, then for dinner, i just eat less of whatever it is we're having. I don't do "healthy"

The sandwich did have only 1 piece of bread, instead of two ...

I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                    My mom took my family and I out for my birthday to Tsukiji Fish Market & Restaurant at Ala Moana Center, part of the Ho'okipa Terrace. Very nice, much more upscale than feeding troughs like Todai and Makino Chaya. But, ultimately, it's a buffet, so for all the bulk, the quality seemed rather sterile and uninspired. At least the kids ate well... and they ate free, too!

Turns out photography is not allowed, though of course notification came somewhat late in the meal. See all the photos they don't want you to see here!

i was a little dissapointed at their desert selections .. i didn't know kids ate free! ooh definite a must do when the in laws come back from vacation.
                    how did you like the lilikoi ribs?

Comment

Turkey sandwich, bag of chips and a couple of cans of Diet Coke at Cafe 2600.

Comment

eric & i went to sunrise restaurant on kapahulu. we had the special miso soup & sushi combo (about $13.00), the pork-goya champuru (about $8.00) and the saba, which also came with a spring salad (about $7.00). what i really wanted was the nakami champuru but ran out already. no matter--the prices are right, and we're always greeted like family, no matter how long it's been since we last were there. besides, it's sweet for me to see how eric's face relaxes into contentment everytime we go. he said it reminds him of his grandaunt's house back in small keed days.

nadine kam did a review of sunrise back in 2001 here.
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

1 piece of pan pizza (with chicken and pineapples for toppings) from Pizza Hut
                          1 small bag of Funyuns
                          water
                          I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Chicken shakers and a cup of fruit punch from Arby's.

Comment

Kalua pua'a and poi. Poi was da kine I get frozen in a bag from da aina. Bleh. I'll take what I can get though!
                              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Working...
                              X