This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

hi,tonight,we had my homemade TurkeyBurger with Rice and a lettuce and tomato salad and i had my diet Coke and my Mom had her wine and everything was good.not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Since my cousin's annual visit home from Seattle is drawing to a close, last night's dinner was at my aunt's house.

Those of us on the grill crew enjoyed a few ice-cold Longboard Lagers & Pale Ales (Kona Brewing, very nice!) along with limu ahi poke, garlic edamame, homemade guacamole & chips, and some tasty whole grain crackers w/ hummus.

In the kitchen, my cousin's husband butterflied & deboned a whole turkey, which was oven roasted (resulting in a much shorter cooking time and a very moist turkey!). The turkey was accompanied by stuffing, gravy and a cranberry-orange relish (made from scratch). Our grill crew did the Copper River salmon with a honey-mustard glaze; we also grilled some pork tenderloins, which were served with a choice of apricot-five spice sauce or mango-papaya salsa.

Sides included a fresh fruit salad (strawberries, bananas, honeydew, blueberries); sauteed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, red bell peppers, garlic); garlic mashed potatoes, and "hapa" rice.

Desserts included a chocolate cream pie and a double crust banana pie, both from Sunnyside in Wahiawa. There was also a St. Germain guava cake. But my cousin said none of the baked desserts beat the luscious slices of Hayden & Pirie mangoes from the neighbor's house! When she's back in Seattle, life is but a dream-- of juicy Hawaiian mangoes...
      To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Ummm...can I be one of your cousins? PUH-LEEEEEEEZE!!!

Comment

Cold cut and cheese sandwiches and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Musubi - I'm sure if all of us just go outside, take a deep breath & then follow our noses & the scent of good food, we can find where you live! We'll just arrive on your doorstep and YOU WILL HAVE TO FEED US!!!!
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Steak and chicken plate lunch from Blazin Steaks at Ala Moana, with a cup of Mountain Dew.

Comment

hi,last night,we had leftover Rachael ray type of stoup and it consist's of Colored pasta heated up in a pot with a slight pinch of salt and i cooked the vegetable's in Extra-virgin Olive oil and then i included unsalted Tomato Soup and then chicken Stock and before putting this in,i included Mrs Dash unsalted and Pepper and it was good on rice and tonight,

we're having Fried Turkey with Vegetable's with Rice and it'll be good.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Lazy day. I'll slice the leftover loaf bread and make sandwiches. I found some deli meat (pastrami, roast beef and turkey) in the freezer. A small salad. Maybe I'll open a can of soup.

I love paninis, but hubby doesn't. I don't want to fire up the indoor grill for just me.

Comment

$7 worth of yogout from Tutti Frutti, the new place that took over Stone Cold Creamy at Wal-Mart. It's a self serve place and you pay by weight.

I guess for dessert I pop in a frozen microwave pizza.

Comment

Farfalle (bow tie) pasta with a little olive oil, dill, lemon pepper and asparagus tips, with a bit of fresh grated parmesan on top.
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                      X