This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 12

holey fartmongers, musubi! total sympatico soupwads!

(what the heck did i just say??!! )

like you, eric and i went to chinatown today. we did a little grocery shopping and ended up having lunch at golden dragon--home of the mediocre, yet cheap dim sum (all of em are $1.85 per order). taro cakes, look fun, siu mai, chicken feet w/XO sauce, ginger tripe, peppery spare ribs, shrimp dumplings w/chives, and those doughy balls with ground chicken/ginger steamed in them. oh, lots & lots of tea. our bill was less than $14--tasty good for the price.

duh! no wonder i was all wired and doing the wonkawonk earlier. not only did i share a latte w/eric during breakfast, but i had a good amount of jasmine tea! that is why i don't do illegal drugs. why bother, when i get terribly lifted off something so readily available and cheap as coffee and tea??!!
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

OMG, my monitor almost just got sprayed!
      (note to self: must not drink liquids while on HT...)

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
      holey fartmongers, musubi! total sympatico soupwads!
      *Looks up & sees searchlight beam w/ silhouette of crossed fork, knife, spoon and chopsticks --
      projected up into the night sky*

Look, cynsaligia! It's the Eatsignal!
      Quick -- To the Eatmobile!

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
      like you, eric and i went to chinatown today. we did a little grocery shopping and ended up having lunch at golden dragon--home of the mediocre, yet cheap dim sum (all of em are $1.85 per order). taro cakes, look fun, siu mai, chicken feet w/XO sauce, ginger tripe, peppery spare ribs, shrimp dumplings w/chives, and those doughy balls with ground chicken/ginger steamed in them. oh, lots & lots of tea. our bill was less than $14--tasty good for the price.
      ding ding ding -- WINNAH!

To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Last Friday, my wife and I went to eat lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants here in Phoenix. They have a lunch buffet that costs on $7.99 and that includes all the iced tea you want. Buffet has about 50 items, but I will only tell you about the items that I always eat -- Pickled cucumbers with green onions, cherry tomatoes, cilantro and special Thai salad dressing -- super ono! Then I have their Pad Thai rice noodles; curry shrimp; stir-fried tofu with veggies and Thai seasoning; Thai seasoned fried chicken; char siu; special house soup; green pork curry with bamboo shoots, potatoes, carrots, and mushrooms; and my all-time favorite, something they call creamy spicy chicken salad....this is like chicken McNuggets, with green salad, cucumbers, cilantro, green onions, sweet round onions, carrots slices with a creamy mayo-based spicey dressing. Tastes like mayo with chili paste and some other kinds of spices...I tried to duplicate it at home, but with no luck! Super ono buffet with a super great price!

Comment

Taco, enchilada, rice and beans, guacamole, and iced tea, at Cholo's in the North Shore Marketplace in Haleiwa. Pretty darned good, and a good price too!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Expat Kamaaina View Post
            Last Friday, my wife and I went to eat lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants here in Phoenix. Super ono buffet with a super great price!
            Expat, do they also have Thai desserts there? I used to live near a Thai Buffet in San Diego, and I really loved their dessert made with sticky rice, and some sweetener, and wrapped as a square in a banana leaf. I never knew the name of it, and have not been back in 4 years.... Wish to learn it, and make it at home.

Comment

Been busy eating all ova as usual.

Yesterday Zasai Tantanmen. Topped with sauted ground pork, szechwan pickles and bamboo shoots. Gozoya from Gomo Chi on Keeamoku.

Today, Pork cutlet and Fried Ahi from Ray's in Kalihi.

Auntie Lynn
              Attached Files
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                Been busy eating all ova as usual.

Yesterday Zasai Tantanmen. Topped with sauted ground pork, szechwan pickles and bamboo shoots. Gozoya from Gomo Chi on Keeamoku.

Today, Pork cutlet and Fried Ahi from Ray's in Kalihi.

Auntie Lynn

It looks gorgeous Auntie Lynn

Comment

Japanese Chicken-Scallion Rice Bowl leftovers from last night's dinner.
                  What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Lamb Chops and the fixings.

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Can of sardines and pack of Skyflakes crackers.

Comment

Spam Fritters

Yup I know ! 2 Californian Girls from Hawai'i will be dropping in for lunch.

I know it's not interesting but it will keep their bodies goiing when they go out in the rain ?

Normal batter for the spam.

We call them chips but ours are different (much fatter) and done in the deep fat fryer. Mushy peas and crunchy home made breead go with this and to follow the rest of the baguette and home made jam.

Comment

Cheeseburger, fries and an iced tea, from Byron's Drive-In near the airport.
                          I've driven past it for decades, but had never eaten there so decided to give it a try. Not bad. Not fabulous, but not bad.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

hi,maybe for today's lunch,maybe a packaged storebought burrito or whatever im able to find and put together or maybe a sandwich,not sure what type yet?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Kewins

Escargots de mer > Sea snais

Maybe some of you will not like this but in my home village in Brest/France we had them once a week. Old habbits die hard and I still like to get a load of Kewins every month,
                              Put the live Kewins into a large pan and boil for 30 mins. Remove from their shells with a pin. Have lots of water nearby,,,,, they are very salty.

Comment

I love escargots. Never had fresh ones, tho... must be delish.

We went to a Filipino store and got one 3-choice plate: chop steak, guts, tripe and pancit. I picked off his plate and had a little bit of chop steak and pancit. Lots of leftovers for dinner and lunch tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X