Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honesty thread - Anybody here eaten dog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Whitfield
    replied
    A dog's ass? Hmmm...

Sounds like you have 0 issues in eating, period!

So, how long would it take (day's/weeks) before your fellow man started looking like a ball park frank?

Matapule, what was sea cucumber like? Not that I'm gonna suggest it to the local JITB or BK.

Leave a comment:

• TATTRAT
    replied
    Re: Honesty thread - Anybody here eaten dog?

I would eat a dogs ass if it was cooked right...I have NO issues in eating what some cultures deem "domesticated". I have eaten horse, and really enjoyed it...and truth be told, if it came down to a matter of life and death, and say we were crashed on the side of a frozen mountain, you(or anybody)was frozen and "past their prime" and I was starved to almost death, I am gonna start snackin on something*hint hint*...I guess that is a different scenario though. lucky for you, Muaahhahahahahaaaaa

But seriously, after balut, I am open to anything.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Yes, in Tonga. It was prepared in an umu (imu) with taro leaves and coconut cream. Yum, yum. Also had horse (a little stringy); live, still wiggling octopus tentacle (once swallowed it tickles the tummy); Sea Cucumber (sea slug); raw sharks liver (a delicacy which only high officials are allowed to eat) and a number of other things I couldn't identify.

When in Rome, eat as the Romans do. You don't get to be a matapule by being a wimp.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

I don't like the killing of animals for food, but they do taste quite good.
    What fo' do?!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    It's a terrible 'tradition', not one I condone at all, but still rather common in Hawaii, even on Oahu.
    Never had it, but what's so "terrible" about it?

Do you eat cow? I do, even though I know that a huge part of the world's population would consider it terrible that I do, as they consider cattle to be sacred.

We eat what we were raised to eat. But we shouldn't be so biased against what other cultures choose as food, as long as they aren't forcing us to eat it as well.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    It's a terrible 'tradition', not one I condone at all, but still rather common in Hawaii, even on Oahu.

I did once, at a Filipino family party on Lanai in the later 80s.
    Was so saucy that it could have been 'singing cat from Mars' meat, and I wouldn't have known.
    Wasn't something I needed the recipe for, or was dying to try again.
    Being born Filipino, I have not yet had the pleasure.

Besides, I prefer human.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    started a topic Honesty thread - Anybody here eaten dog?

Honesty thread - Anybody here eaten dog?

I did once, at a Filipino family party on Lanai in the later 80s.
    Was so saucy that it could have been 'singing cat from Mars' meat, and I wouldn't have known.
    Wasn't something I needed the recipe for, or was dying to try again.
Working...
X