X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaukura
    replied
    Re: Foods You Don't Like

Long rice.. I can't stand the look of its transparency. I dont like the texture at all. I LOVE noodles but these I just cannot seem to get past the aesthetics. There is this korean beef soup I love which features long rice, and they just sit in the bottom of my bowl untouched.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

A solution would be to starve yourself until you'll eat anything.

Leave a comment:

• acousticlady
    replied

I love tomatoes in any form - except for tomato juice. Ugh! It's definitely the texture. Can't get past it.

Leave a comment:

• turtlegirl
    replied

Awwwww, dang. Seriously, 2 days ago I thought we had too much fresh produce lying around the refridgerator, so I made carrot/peanut soup. I thought it was fantastic! I can't even imagine someone looking at that pureed orange goodness and thinking 'Yick!". I simmered the onions on low for an hour, and did the same w the carrots. It was so sweet and tasty!

I also have that 'texture' issue. One more thing I won't eat - gummy anything! Bears, worms, beans, rolls, fruits, whatever. Gross.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

With carrots, it could also be the taste. When carrots get to a certain temperature point in cooking, the chemistry changes and the sugar comes out. They get sweet. I personally can't stand cooked carrots, just because of the taste. I don't mind them slightly sauteed but will pick them out of foods like stew.

Leave a comment:

• Sharilyn
    replied

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
    My best friend is the same way! Maybe it's a texture thing? I don't like certain foods (Jello) just b/c of the texture. Nothing jiggly or slimey. I HATE slimey.
    No, it's not the texture, because my friend insisted that I try her famous pureed carrot soup. I gagged after forcing down one sip. Kept gagging and tearing, just looking at the orange soupy mess. So weird. I should research my childhood, and see if there was any trauma associated with cooked carrots, hah.

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
    I've always hated cooked carrots. I like raw carrots, but the cooked variety literally makes me want to puke. I will actually gag. I wonder why?
    My best friend is the same way! Maybe it's a texture thing? I don't like certain foods (Jello) just b/c of the texture. Nothing jiggly or slimey. I HATE slimey.

Leave a comment:

• Sharilyn
    replied

I've always hated cooked carrots. I like raw carrots, but the cooked variety literally makes me want to puke. I will actually gag. I wonder why?

Leave a comment:

• lilr3
    replied

I have to say that I am also a member of the anti-liver group, but that is most likely a result of only having eaten my mother's burnt liver and onions as a child. As I am typing this, the momory of that awful smell is coming back to me. It was so bad that I have refused to even try it again. Perhaps someday, but not yet.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Originally posted by Barry View Post
    Shark is disgusting and like cotton wool with pins in it.
    Dont go near it,,,,,, cause it smell like Pee.
    Shark, he say, human taste ono 'aupito but smell li tu'u mama'o!

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied

They put us on a survial course on an open boat in the Indian Ocean. The Britiish Admirallty have a strange sense of humour.
    Shark is disgusting and like cotton wool with pins in it.
    Dont go near it,,,,,, cause it smell like Pee.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    In Tonga, shark liver no cook (fo'i'ati loli) is food reserved foa noble and matapule only.
    Originally posted by musubi View Post
    The only form of liver I've ever eaten but don't particularly care for is ake (raw liver, Hawaiian style).
    You no can be matapule, brah! Fo'i'ati loli mean "swee lil gurlfren." Yum yummy!

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied

Hmm I like most food. Having served in the British Royal Navy. I would eat food that would make a goat puke.

Leave a comment:

• musubi
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Liver (altho' I like most pates) and cilantro come to mind…
    Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    Sue, yup, liver is another no-no for me. Bleck. I'll pass on Pâté and Foie Gras (duck or goose liver) as well.
    Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
    Cannot stomach liver, but I like chicken livers--strange.
    Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    LIVER, BRUSSELS SPROUTS, PEAS & Cottage Cheese!
    Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
    Liver of any kind especially foie gras, offal…
    Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
    But there are still a few things I WILL NOT eat: asparagus, cilantro, liver, mushrooms…
    Originally posted by StinkyTheGrump View Post
    I'll eat all "normal" foods except liver…
    Wow, Honoruru and I are definitely outnumbered on liver!

I must be one of the only people here who likes liver almost every way I've ever had it:
    calves' liver fried w/bacon & onions, chicken livers, liverwurst, rumaki, pâté, foie gras...

The only form of liver I've ever eaten but don't particularly care for is ake (raw liver, Hawaiian style).

Leave a comment:

• musubi
    replied

Originally posted by mel View Post
    BEETS! ugh...

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    Oh My! we may have to start another thread called "Foods I Love". I love beets, any way you can cook them - I will eat them.
    When I was a kid, the only beets I had ever tasted were canned. I hated them!

One day, someone gave my mom some fresh beets... and it was like a TOTALLY different food!
    She cooked them, and they were YUM!

To this day, I don't care much for most CANNED vegetables...
    But frozen or fresh, they're great!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X