Disappearing eating establishments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Disappearing establishments

The Taco Bell/Pizza Hut combo restaurant at Ala Moana closed?

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
      The Taco Bell/Pizza Hut combo restaurant at Ala Moana closed?

Aj
      that is correct. no more toxic hell or pizza hut anymore at ala mo.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
        You can add another one to the list. This one in Kaneohe. The building at the corner of Haiku Rd/Lilipuna Rd and Kamehameha Hwy across from Windward Mall is gone. Demolished.

Not sure what it was called last, but I think it was a Times Coffee Shop at one point.
        A bank is going up at that site. The good news is that Times Coffee Shop is now open at the Koolau Center across from Valley of the Temples.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i learned last week while coming home on the bus where across ross's store and long's drug's that they had a pizza hut/taco bell was once there,well now that place is closed and not know what's going to be there and i still do miss the wisteria restaurant is they had the best tendon shrimp tempura on rice and it was all yum!

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
            hi this is sansei and i learned last week while coming home on the bus where across ross's store and long's drug's that they had a pizza hut/taco bell was once there,well now that place is closed and not know what's going to be there and i still do miss the wisteria restaurant is they had the best tendon shrimp tempura on rice and it was all yum!

well thank's for your time
            The one on Hotel Street if that is the one your referring to has been closed for about a year.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
              The building at the corner of Haiku Rd/Lilipuna Rd and Kamehameha Hwy across from Windward Mall is gone. Demolished. Not sure what it was called last, but I think it was a Times Coffee Shop at one point.
              Originally posted by Pomai View Post
              I'll be in Kaneohe this coming week, and if it's what you said it is, that would be the original FARRELL's Restaurant location, which was erected after replacing Don Ho's mother's place called HONEY'S.
              Originally posted by alohacandy View Post
              A bank is going up at that site.
              Pomai and AC are right.
              After it was Honey's (which is now at Ko`olau Golf Course) it was called The Ko`olau Ranch House and had live Hawaiian music on weekends. After that closed it became the Times Coffee Shop, and was just torn down last month and the new building will be a Central Pacific Bank.
              And AC, are you sure that Times opened in Temple Valley? I drove by a few weeks ago and it looked like they hadn't opened for business yet, even though they've had the location for several months. When I drove by there was some kind of notice on the door, but I didn't stop to see what was up.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

After Honey's, a new shopping center was built and Farrell's opened.
                After Farrell's closed some dinning place took over, I forget the name, they didn't last to long.
                Smitty's was next, and they were there for a long time.
                After Smitty's it was Ko'olau Ranch House run by Teddy and Nancy Tanaka. Didn't last to long.
                It was then it was run by someone else with the same name. Didn't last to long.
                Times Coffee Shop was the last to be there. Was always closed.
                Bulding got knocked down last week. Suppose to be a CPB bank.
                Farrell's was good fun.
                Smitty's had good food.
                After Smitty's, everything was kaa kaa.

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                Pomai and AC are right.
                After it was Honey's (which is now at Ko`olau Golf Course) it was called The Ko`olau Ranch House and had live Hawaiian music on weekends. After that closed it became the Times Coffee Shop, and was just torn down last month and the new building will be a Central Pacific Bank.
                And AC, are you sure that Times opened in Temple Valley? I drove by a few weeks ago and it looked like they hadn't opened for business yet, even though they've had the location for several months. When I drove by there was some kind of notice on the door, but I didn't stop to see what was up.

Comment

I just learned today from the security guard at Ward Farmer's Market that The Poke Bowl, which took a small portion of the former Tropic Fish & Vegetable market space, closed on February 2, 2009. They opened around July 2008.

WorldWideEd did a write-up on The Poke Bowl, and so did I.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

• It's Chili In Hawaii, move or pau?

They are no longer in Moiliili, on King St.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

After reading your blog, Pomai, I'm so sorry I missed the Poke Bowl. Even tho' I'd just finished dinner I started salivating over your photos!

Comment

Gecco Books in Kaimuki is no longer in business...

Comment

Originally posted by integlspwr View Post
                          Gecco Books in Kaimuki is no longer in business...
                          When I went to the First Hawaiian Bank on Waialae Ave. I thought I saw them moved from Waialae to around the corner and across from the bank.
                          Last edited by Walkoff Balk; February 9, 2009, 08:00 PM. Reason: add

Comment

• Re: It's Chili In Hawaii, move or pau?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                            They are no longer in Moiliili, on King St.
                            They're still alive. I think they moved to Kaimuki. Or was it in Iwilei?
                            Last edited by Honoruru; February 9, 2009, 08:43 PM. Reason: Second thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              Pomai and AC are right.
                              Yep...Times Coffee Shop is definitely open. I have walked past there but not eaten there yet. It seems like it's having steady business.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                                When I went to the First Hawaiian Bank on Waialae Ave. I thought I saw them moved from Waialae to around the corner and across from the bank.
                                oh that might be the case then. ill edit my post.

Comment

Working...
                                X