Cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheese

Notice on another food thread that cheese was mentioned but come to find out that there wasn't a cheese only thread. Since there are different kinds of cheese and I don't know all of the varities a poll wouldn't do it justice, however a poll on what you eat it with might be sort of fun to do. It's multiple choice so have at it!
    plain
    17.58%
    with meat
    10.99%
    with fish
    3.30%
    with fruit
    7.69%
    with vegtables
    7.69%
    with wine
    10.99%
    with bread
    16.48%
    with crackers (or other wafer like food)
    23.08%
    Don't like or don't eat cheese
    1.10%
    No opinion
    1.10%
    Last edited by helen; August 22, 2006, 10:43 AM.

Re: Cheese

No macaroni option!!!

Comment

Served with even more CH SE!!!
      Last edited by Leo Lakio; August 22, 2006, 11:55 AM.

Comment

No ALL of the ABOVE ???
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
          No ALL of the ABOVE ???
          That's what I was gonna ask too!

Cheese is my fave food of all time.

A really good one that I always recommend to others is Explorateur:
          http://www.cheese.com/Description.asp?Name=Explorateur

I see it at R Fields. Not sure what other places carry it. It's absolutely wonderful once it sits out and starts to really soften. Yum!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
            No macaroni option!!!
            This I apologize for since when I do cook it's usually macaroni and cheese. *sigh*

Comment

I love cheese, but don't know enough (or make enough!) to appreciate the fancy-shmancy stuff. Heck, I even like the stuff that cheese snobs say is a crime to call cheese -- the unnaturally neon orange stuff that is American cheese! Among the simplest snacks I enjoy is Diamond soda crackers and Kraft American singles.

Comment

I love cheese, but as I get older I find that cheese doesn't love me.

Damn lactose.

Comment

A blogging friend has the quixotic goal of trying every one of the cheeses mentioned in the Cheese Shop skit Monty Python did. Here's the review site:

http://beavercheese.org/

There's also a blog where he discusses the difficulties he has in acquiring some of the varieties.
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I am a big fan of cheese, and have tried hundreds of varieties. If I had the wherewithal, I would quit my job, move to the Skagit Valley (easy access to many dairy farms), and learn how to make small quantities of several varieties.

Cheddar...feta...edam...gouda...wensleydale...gorg onzola...double gloucester...havarti...I could go on forever, but my co-workers would wonder about the expression on my face.

(Unfortunately, I won't touch brie or others of that ilk, as I became very ill on some bad brie decades ago.) Find yourself a store that carries a wide variety of fromage, and ask to sample some. Tell them what kinds of things you like at present (even if it's only Kraft American singles, which I still like, too!); let them lead your tongue to try new tastes. Go from mild to sharp to stinky - it's sorta like learning about wine.

Comment

1. I'm Italian, so you're going to need to add "pasta" as another choice. I suppose, though, that pasta could be a "vegetable" (not vegtable).

2. Blueyecicle, I agree with your needing "all of the above."

Bottom line: after "pasta" & "all of the above" are added to the choices, I will check "all of the above."
                      Last edited by Palama Kid; August 22, 2006, 12:32 PM.
                      Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                        A blogging friend has the quixotic goal of trying every one of the cheeses mentioned in the Cheese Shop skit Monty Python did.
                        That's awesome, Link! A much more ambitious undertaking than, say, tackling the various spam dishes from the "Spam Skit." Venezuelan Beaver Cheese? I can't imagine.

Comment

*cocks eyebrow*

I'll eat the stuff, but how does anyone know when cheese is ~done~? ooooOOoOO, lets curdle up some milk, leave it in the cupboard for several months, and under all that funky mold, let's cut out the heart of it and eat that.

And there is a whole industry based on it.

pax

Comment

I tend to stick away from cheese, I think I ate to much of it when I was a kid... when I do it cheese on rare occassions it's swiss w/my pastrami or american cheddar slices w/soda crackers!
                            Live for today....tommorow is never promised

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                              That's awesome, Link! A much more ambitious undertaking than, say, tackling the various spam dishes from the "Spam Skit." Venezuelan Beaver Cheese? I can't imagine.
                              Jon's a character. He's a programmer, but that's the least of his identifiers.
                              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Working...
                              X