This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 2

Went to Hong Kong Harbor View Seafood Restaurant for a work dinner. We had... lots of seafood. Also roast duck, beef, and some kind of chicken and mushroom soup, plus mango something for dessert. Too much food!

Comment

A footlong roast beef sandwich on wheat: no mayo, no cheese, no oil, yes dijon mustard and lots of vinegar.

171 days until class reunion.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Chef salad, poki, and pasta salad from Foodland.

Comment

Lup cheong fried rice and sweet sour pork with veggies.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Pizza, Beef Pho, and Diet Pepsi....what a combination, huh?

Comment

Chicken salad sandwiches with lettuce and sliced cheese on toasted wheat bread, with baby carrots.

On the light side, because for lunch, I took the twins to KJ's at Windward City Shopping Center ... boy were we full!

(See related post on Fried Chicken thread, if you like.)
              I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Chef salad from Foodland.

Comment

Leftovers from my last (tsunami!) meal last night...grilled salmon and a medley of vegetables.

Comment

Aidell's spinach & feta sausage, sliced on the diagonal, sauteed with fresh spinach, seasoned with fresh ground black pepper, a smidge of kosher salt and with a splash of lemon juice at the end to prevent that "fuzzy teeth" feeling from the spinach ... served on pasta, topped with crumbled feta cheese.

Next time I'll add some slivered or chopped onion and minced garlic, but nobody seemed to miss those ingredients last night.

Comment

last night: lumpia and rice.

Prepared while listening to CDs by Stevie Ray Vaughn and the Beatles -- wonder how many lumpia-preparers can say THAT?

Comment

Salad and a polish sausage from Sam's Club.

Comment

Polish gives me mean gas. I'm more of a bratwurst kinda guy. I used to work at a Oktoberfest so I know all kinds of sausages.

Today- leftovers

Comment

Spagetti with sausage and mushrooms from Angelo Pietro (or is it just Pietro?).

Comment

Chicken & mushroom Alfredo from Bertolli - frozen, just heat & eat in 10-15 minutes stove top. Very good - and much easier than preparing it myself! and of course, several glasses of Pinot Grigio to go with it.
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Mac and cheese not out of a box. Found some coffee-flavored mascarpone at the local foodmart so I made a batch of tiramisu (I couldn't find any savoiarde---ladyfingers---so I had to bake those first ), so it's home made tiramisu for dessert!

Miulang
                                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X