X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lei Liko
    replied
    Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 2

Grilled Italian chicken breast w/ linguini. Steamed broccoli on the side.

And almost half bottle of Pinot Grigio now. I think I going sleep good tonight.

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

Miso ramen with no kamaboko and with extra bean sprouts from Sumo Ramen in Kam Shopping Center. It's just passable, but it's also convenient.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Chicken McNuggets, double cheeseburger and a bottle of orange Gatorade.

Leave a comment:

• SusieMisajon
    replied

We had greenbeans cooked with butter, garlic, shallots and parsley. Potatoes fried in duck fat with onions. And maigret de canard. That's a whole breast of fattened, force-fed duck (the liver of the same duck is called fois gras), the kind with a half-inch layer of fat under the skin. It's cooked fat-side first, with a bit of salt, untill the fat almost melts and the skin is crispy. Then you turn it over in the pan and cook it just a tad more...it's eaten rare, sliced thin. Another way to cook it is to cut, from the fatty side, almost through into quarter inch slices, and then broil, fatty side up. Don't bother turning it that way, and it'll be perfectly ready-sliced, ready-to-eat.

Yaeh, yeah...I know...cook poultry well to avoid bird flu. All that I have to say is that I will miss eating maigret during the pandemic. I will miss the drips of rare duckjuice running down my chin.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

L&L Drive In places are very generous with their "mini" plate lunches. The Chicken Katsu is a good example - at least 10 pieces of chicken in it, plus one scoop rice & one scoop mac salad. Now I'm ono for that instead of what I had tonite: a Stauffer's Panini sandwich - smoked turkey. It was good, but not great. also, had a rum & coke with it

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Mini plates and regular plate lunches typically come with one scoop of mac salad.

Leave a comment:

• SusieMisajon
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    That you pay $5.40 instead of $7. Then of course it's one scoop of rice instead of 2 and smaller serving. However I got say that even the mini-plate version there is a lot of kalua pork.
    Is there mac salad on the mini plate?
    Now I am hungry for that! And it's only breakfast time, over here.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

That you pay $5.40 instead of $7. Then of course it's one scoop of rice instead of 2 and smaller serving. However I got say that even the mini-plate version there is a lot of kalua pork.

Leave a comment:

• SusieMisajon
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Contiuning on the tradition.

Kalua pork and cabbage mini-plate lunch from L&L Drive Inn.
    What makes it a 'mini'?

Leave a comment:

• helen
    started a topic What's for Dinner - Chapter 2

What's for Dinner - Chapter 2

Contiuning on the tradition.

Kalua pork and cabbage mini-plate lunch from L&L Drive Inn.
Working...
X