Tripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tripe

I like it in filipino lugow(rice soup), probably because of it's slimy texture.

Comment

I like the honeycomb tripe made in menudo. Sometimes I just crave menudo! Used to be able to get a good bowl of it at Bueno Nalo, but it's no more-o.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Funny you should ask, I just made tripe yesterday. Really stinks up the house, but my husband loves it.

Comment

And in honor of this thread I give you this treatis on Offal.
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Ms_Aloha_Nui View Post
            Tripe stew is my son's favorite - try Hannara's in Waianae..little out of the way but so very ONO! and yes, Country people do eat the 'weirdest' things but it's the best!
            For me, it's right down the street! But, no thanks, I'll stick with my usual bacon and eggs at Hanara's!

Comment

I had tripe stew once at Zippy's a long time ago. I can't remember if I liked it or not.

Comment

Love Tripe Stew, especially day ole tripe stew mo ono!!! Nowdays no need clean like during the ole days, now dat`s another story. oh well I guess I betta go store cause I no what I like eat now, betta not forget poi
                bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

I have ate it in pho, stew and other dishes. Its ok. On its own the taste is bland. Texture seems like the only feature. Does that sound right?

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
                    My vote was a mistake...meant to mark that I've never had it and never will. Oops.
                    Tell you what I will check that option for you. Since the option you picked maybe as close to my standing (I might try it at least one more time).

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      Tell you what I will check that option for you. Since the option you picked maybe as close to my standing (I might try it at least one more time).
                      Thanks! I appreciate it.

Comment

Tripe stew is good ... don't know if I'd eat it on a regular basis tho.

Comment

I think I had it in pho once or twice but I don't go out of my way to get it. I don't recall it having any particular taste of its own in the pho.

Comment

i like tripe in stews and soups (vietnamese, filipino, local-style, mexican), but i think my favorite preparation of tripe is the kind you get at dim sum shops. the tripe becomes tender and has a pleasant slight chewy texture, and the XO sauce is mmmm...

sigh. this thread, again, is making me hungry. luckily, eric is making dinner as i type.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                              i like tripe in stews and soups (vietnamese, filipino, local-style, mexican), but i think my favorite preparation of tripe is the kind you get at dim sum shops. the tripe becomes tender and has a pleasant slight chewy texture, and the XO sauce is mmmm...
                              Everything you say (up to dim sum reference), ditto for me. Recently, had Young's and Don Quijote's tripe stew . . . pretty darned good; thick soup like my dad made it.

Since I nevah know had tripe in dim sum, I'll have to see if Kwong On has any.
                              Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
                                Everything you say (up to dim sum reference), ditto for me. Recently, had Young's and Don Quijote's tripe stew . . . pretty darned good; thick soup like my dad made it.

Since I nevah know had tripe in dim sum, I'll have to see if Kwong On has any.
                                Sounds like the kind I make for my Dad: just tripe cooked in soy sauce, ginger and a little brown sugar.

Miulang
                                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X