Tripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tripe

As a Chef, I love it. It makes great stews, and soups. Being trained classical and fundamental French, I had to make LARGE quantities of tripes a la monde de Caen, A GREAT Stew of root veggies along with tripe and other variety meats, and apple cider.

The Pho House/restaurant uses are my favorite preparations though.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
      Sounds like the kind I make for my Dad: just tripe cooked in soy sauce, ginger and a little brown sugar.

Miulang
      Hmmm. Okinawan style?

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
        Hmmm. Okinawan style?
        Local style (may be Okinawan...dunno). My Dad, who spent some of his youth on a farm on Moloka'i, taught me how to make it this way. Probably learned how to make it from his mother (she wasn't Okinawa-ken, as far as I know). You know farmers...they don't waste ANYTHING!

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Sounds like the kind I make for my Dad: just tripe cooked in soy sauce, ginger and a little brown sugar.
          Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
          Hmmm. Okinawan style?
          Local style (may be Okinawan...dunno).
          Huh - maybe so. That's how I've had it at the AF's folks' place - and her mother's side is Uchinanchu. I'll have to ask.

Comment

Working...
          X