This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 11

Someone had given me a quarter of a sheep, so I froze the chops and the shoulder roast, and canned the rest simply with just a bit of salt and water.

It was a blustery day, so I made lamb and whitebean stew. I fried an onion til browned with garlic, celery, thyme and bay. Then I dumped in a jar of breast of lamb, one of whitebeans, one of cubed potatoes, and one of cubed carrots, along with a splash of Tabasco, pepper, and a spoonful of veal stockpowder, and let that all simmer for half an hour. Just before serving, I splashed in some red wine vinegar and sprinkled the whole thing with parsley, and we ate it with a fresh and crusty baguette.

Sliced tomatoes and vinaigrette for after.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

went to the mix cafe for the second time in ten days. we ordered the roast pork sandwich as well as the spicy crab pasta and dessert-drink was the acai smoothie. yum!

only disappointment was there was a part of us that sorta expected to see auntie lynn at one of the tables. no such luck today!
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
        only disappointment was there was a part of us that sorta expected to see auntie lynn at one of the tables. no such luck today!
        heheheh

I started my Diet!

I ate My Spicy Crab Pasta Salad yesterday again.

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Pork adobo, brown rice, mac salad and a bottle of water.

Comment

Pho ga, water.

Comment

Cran, Palama Kid and I were suppose to go to Maunakea Market Place for Lunch but we saw Ryan twitter he was meeting Kilinahe and Glossyp at The Mix. We changed directions in the middle of the road on King Street. I no kid you!

Lunch at The Mix was grand.

Roast Pork Sandwiches, Roast Turkey Sandwiches, Spicy Crab Pasta, Homemade Meat Balls Pasta, Lemonade and Berry Smoothie were on our tables. Kim gave us homemade pistachio and strawberry ice-cream to eat.

Another great day at The Mix!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Munched on a Caesar chicken salad bowl. It was a caesar salad with tortilla chip strips and chunks of chicken over some spanish rice. Just enough to settle the hunger .

Comment

Peanut Butter Crunch meal replacement bar
                  6 New York Style Sea Salt Bagel Crisps
                  water
                  Last edited by kanahina; October 9, 2007, 09:30 PM. Reason: forgot something
                  I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                    Cran, Palama Kid and I were suppose to go to Maunakea Market Place for Lunch but we saw Ryan twitter he was meeting Kilinahe and Glossyp at The Mix. We changed directions in the middle of the road on King Street. I no kid you!
                    I no kid you, too. At a red light at Dillingham / King, it was scary to see her jump out of Cran's cah; run back to my car; tell me where we going; then jump back into Cran's car.

Of course, no mo parking on Bethel. So we drive around (breaking several driving laws) and around before luckily breaking another rule to park right behind the other on Bethel Street.

Cranberee told me that her driving was all Auntie's fault. Yeah, right. Who was driving?

Almost all was good: The spicy crab salad was ono, company great, no tickets on our cars, but couldn't find small adult muumuus for Palama Mama (she's a tiny 4' 8").
                    Attached Files
                    Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
                      I no kid you, too. At a red light at Dillingham / King, it was scary to see her jump out of Cran's cah; run back to my car; tell me where we going; then jump back into Cran's car.
                      heheheh

With my moomoo leg and my wooden cane!

It wuz a sight to behold das foa shua!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Cheeseburgers and a bottle of water. Also munching on fun size Halloween candy between breakfast and now and more than likey in the course of the rest of the day.

Comment

Couple slices of a meat pizza from Garlic Jim's - provided for KBCS community radio's fundraising today (I was coaching the noon-3 pitching shift today.)

Comment

Shrimp Curry

Bottled Water

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              Also the company of the lovely Alpha Female.
                              Pictures! Everyone else posts pictures!
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Leftover New York Steak from Murphy's. Followed by a post-prandial torpor that required an iced espresso.
                                Don't be mean,
                                try to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X