This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 11

Elena's Filipino food in Waipahu: sari-sari, lechon, Pork Adobo Fried Rice Omelet

My brother and his wife were with me, so we ordered above to share.

On the mainland, we don't get as much lechon as we got at Elena's & definitely not during the week. At a lot of places (like at Ong Pin in South San Francisco), it's served only on weekends & is sold out by early afternoon.
    Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Peanut Butter Crunch meal replacement bar
      6 New York Style Sea Salt Bagel Crisps
      water
      I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Cheeseburgers and a bottle of water.

Comment

Stuffed Tomato and Bottled Water.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            Pictures! Everyone else posts pictures!
            Ah, but you know the AF craves her privacy - and I'm just not in the habit of taking pictures of my meals. My old-school cell phone doesn't take photos. Heck, it can't even download ring-tones! (I know, I'm such a Luddite in some areas.)

Today: a double cheeseburger from Wendy's, while running errands; preparation for the AF's parents, arriving from Kane`ohe tonight for a two-week visit.

Comment

i woke up early this morning to make eric and two coworkers home lunch: kartoffel salat made with yukon gold potatoes and a sort of bacon vinagrette; roasted mushrooms and cherry tomatoes; beef sausage, dabbed with deb's barbeque sauce and broiled.

oh, that's what i ate for lunch, too. not bad.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

water

(again...)
                I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

I've decided to make some fries for the game.

You've gotta try this, it's ONO!!!!

1.) Get a package is regular frozen fries. Put 'em on a tray in the convection oven and bake 'um until they are hot; not thoroughly cooked, just hot.

You really just want to heat them up to melt all the precipitated ice-moisture away to dry the outside of the fries.

2.) Heat up a pan of oil about 1/2 inch high in the empty pan. Get it nice and hot. When you've evaporated all the moisture from the fries through baking, take the fries out of the oven and put them in the hot oil.

If you didn't bake the fries long enough, you'll know it when the hot oil "spits" at you. OOUUWWIIEEE!!!!!
                  ... and yes, you are actually cooking the fries, twice.

3.) Let the fries sizzle in the oil until they get a little golden on the edges, then remove them to drain on a layer of paper towels.

Immediately season them with a slight dash of garlic powder (go light on the G/P, too much will ruin it), and a lot of onion powder, followed bY salt (...and I find that you can be unusually generous with salt and it actually tastes great -remember the way McDonalds fries used to be?) then sprinkle with aji namoto. PAU!

I swear this tastes like the potato version of "Chicken-in-a-biscuit" crackers, AWESOME!

-------------------------------------------

Okay, so now you want to get fancy and impress your friends and neighbors.

Try this:

1.) Cook up 16 oz package of bacon. Overcook it to make it crispy to where the strips are brittle when cool, tamp the oil out and break the strips into small bits.

2.) put your seasoned fries on a large plate. Set your oven to high broil. Lay a few sheets of American cheese over the fries and put the plate in the oven for a minute, just long enough to melt the cheese.

3.) remove fries from oven and sprinkle with bacon bits. Create a hole in the center and dump s large blob of sour cream in the middle of the fries, then cover the whole thing with some chopped green onions.

OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE serves a similar dish that they call "cheese fries", but it can't hold a candle to this dish when you do it yourself. This is off-the-wall, -over the top, broke da mouth.

WARNING:

Once you do this, all other fries will never taste the same.
                  You'll never want to buy fries outside, again.

Comment

Chicken cup of noodles, bag of chips and a bottle of water.

Comment

Indian food from the Indian BBQ stand in Maunakea Marketplace. Got the $7 plate which is pretty much like 5 pounds (but I looooove indian food!) because the guy puts like everything in it.

Got the Iced French Coffee with Tapioca bubble drink from Thang's stand at Maunakea Marketplace because I need coffee and theirs is some of the best in town, and it's only $3.00.

Comment

water

(again... sigh...)
                        I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

BBQ chicken and hamumber steak plate lunch with fruit punch from Mahalo Drive Inn.

Comment

Camelia's in McCully.

Great buffet: Kalbi, BBQ Chicken, Spicy Pork, mushrooms, onions, garlic, rice all wrapped in a crisp lettuce!

NOE with nephew TOLEA from Maui. He's only 9!

___
                            "Be god to each other."

Comment

It's Saturday.

Kalua Pig, Ahi Poke, Lomi Salmon and Poi.

Water

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

water

(again... sigh...)

tomorrow will definitely be something yummy!
                                I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X