Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shooting rampage on 06/03/11

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    I'd have to say very much, not so. The mind is where the whole matter lies, it allows you to go there and every reason to stay there, even apathy. No physical drug addiction ever made me keep doing anything for long, once I knew the game, but many can't find it within themselves to overcome the mental aspects to stay on an even keel or just drop it.[...]
    Are you saying that there is NO drug that can cause a physical addiction; that is, can alter the chemistry of the body to crave (need) more? Are you saying there is no drug that, if taken long enough, and then abruptly stopped, can cause often horrific, physical withdrawals?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Are you saying that there is NO drug that can cause a physical addiction and/or physical withdrawals?
      Most addiction is primarily psychological, even with some drugs being very physically addictive.
      There are some new drugs, like possibly synthetic pot, that quickly warp a person's thinking to the point where the chance of sensible decision making become distant, so a blanket 'no drug' reference is now impossible. But old school drugging was easier to state as being able to break cleanly away from.

BTW, should anyone care to help the family out with a check donation...

Bank Of Hawaii
      Tammy Nguyen Memorial Fund
      2233 Ahe St. 32-B
      Honolulu, HI 96816
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Ron, what is "old school drugging"?
        (Sorry...meant to say..."Are you NOW saying that there is NO drug...")

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Ron, what is "old school drugging"?

Are you NOW saying that there is NO drug?
          Are you trying to drive me back to hard drugs?

There are some new drugs, like possibly synthetic pot, that quickly warp a person's thinking to the point where the chance of sensible decision making become distant, so a blanket 'no drug' reference is now impossible.
          I've rarely dabbled in anything beyond pot for many years, but if I had a reliable manufacture source I'd still partake occassionally in 'old school' 60s kinda stuff like LSD. Shrooms, peyote, speed, weed, the usual 'hippie' culprits, while not completely harmless were easier to keep tabs on. When you start going deep into chemicals it's a 'nuther ball game.

Comment

old school drugging
            I understand what Ron is referring to as compared to the drug scene today. But it's all bad including alcohol and cigarettes and a whole host of other addictive bad behaviors.

I'm happy Ron was able to beat it and I congratulate him.

But back on topic, Craig's "un-doctored" photo certainly shows how perception can be distorted.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
              I'm happy Ron was able to beat it and I congratulate him.
              Thanx, but my usage was always with a focus towards fun, thus rather easy for me when it became not so much, and every time with whatever usage, except food! Which is why I tend to have trouble understanding other's struggles, except that every person is different and didn't have my life, so I try not to judge harshly.

That rounder face really did take him out of contention as the guy, scary.

Comment

That rounder face really did take him out of contention as the guy, scary.
                Skewed photo or not, I don't think his family would have had any trouble recognizing him in that shot.

Here are the before and after HPD mugshots:

This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Sez... you.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                    Skewed photo or not, I don't think his family would have had any trouble recognizing him in that shot.
                    Sez... you.
                    You'd have a point..... if Toby's father was Stevie Wonder.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

You'd probably be irrationally criticizing him too, if he was.

Comment

Originally posted by amati
                        .... is indeed self-righteousness.

Most unfortunate that you use a post clarifying your earlier statement as yet another opportunity to lob a personal attack.

Oh well. Rather than respond in kind, I'll just say that this is something we'll have to agree to disagree on.
                        NOT necessarily a "personal attack," it may be just a polite opinion, as you have requested....

However, check the mirror - is this a personal attack on YOUR part?
                        (Then camouflaged as an agreement to disagree?)
                        Know thyself. I'm unable.
                        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                        ~ ~
                        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

You'd have a point..... if Toby's father was Stevie Wonder.
                          You'd probably be irrationally criticizing him too, if he was.
                          Why not? I already have for creating sickening drivel like I Just Called To Say I Love You.

In the meantime,....

An Oahu grand jury (apparently consisting of people with functioning eyesight) indicted Toby Stangel on 20 counts of felonies today.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/1...-of-grand-jury

More interesting is what the police found in Stangel's car.

Prosecutors say police obtained a search warrant for Stangel's car and revealed for the first time that a 10 to 12 inch hunting knife, brass knuckles, cocaine, marijuana, the prescription drug Alphrazolam [sic] -- which treats severe anxiety disorder -- and a drug pipe were found.
                          Alprazolam. I wonder if this so-called anti-anxiety "wonder" drug had anything to do with Stangel's rampage. Like the anti-depressant Prozac, there have been documented cases of Alprazolam causing erratic, even violent behavior.

According to a 1984 study, "Extreme anger and hostile behavior emerged from eight of the first 80 patients we treated with alprazolam [Xanax]. The responses consisted of physical assaults by two patients, behavior potentially dangerous to others by two more, and verbal outbursts by the remaining four." A woman who had no history of violence before taking Xanax "erupted with screams on the fourth day of alprazolam treatment, and held a steak knive to her mother's throat for a few minutes."

James Wilson had been taking Xanax before he entered the Oakland Elementary School in Greenwood, S.C., on Sept. 26, 1988. He shot and killed two eight-year-old girls and wounded seven other children and two teachers.
                          Betty Hahn of Tustin, Calif, bludgeoned her mother to death with a hammer in 1988. Hahn had been given two psychiatric' drugs--the antidepressant Pamelor and the anti-anxiety agent Xanax--and apparently was withdrawing from Xanax at the time of the killing.

Comment

Please notice the eyes.
                            In the first picture the iris touches the top and bottom the eyelids.
                            In the second picture, the iris does NOT touch the bottom eyelid.

The Japanese call this condition "Sanpaku," which means: "three white." (More or less), and they believe that this is an indication of inner instability!

(We have much to learn from them, I think!)

In his case, the defendant is exhibiting features of sanpaku, indicating (as the Japanese Claim) either drug addiction, mental instability or some other debilitating condition.

Looked in the mirror lately?

GOOD JOB, FRANKIE!
                            Last edited by Kaonohi; June 8, 2011, 03:31 PM. Reason: To roil the minds of the self-unconscious
                            ~ ~

Comment

Wow. This just gets better and better.

In addition to the DUI and criminal property damage that occurred while he was on probation, Stangel was stabbed 12 times outside a Waikiki nightclub. And while he was the victim in that incident, the attorney on the case claims that Stangel instigated the fight.

http://www.kitv.com/news/28177809/detail.html

Hmmm. Now I'm beginning to understand why Pastor Stangel wasn't too eager to come back home. The man knew he would be facing a lot of questions from the media and his congregation when these incidents came to light.

Comment

Alprazolam. I wonder if this so-called anti-anxiety "wonder" drug had anything to do with Stangel's rampage. Like the anti-depressant Prozac, there have been documented cases of Alprazolam causing erratic, even violent behavior.
                                No only Prozac and Aprazopam, Paxcil (another anti-depressant) has been shown to cause violent behaiour.,
                                ~ ~

Comment

Working...
                                X