7-point star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7-point star

I thought I had posted in here, I though wrong. . . guess I forgot.

Though I may not know much about nothin', it certainly reminds me of many travel related tattoos/compasses. . .and, I guess that is rather fitting. . .it's only one pint off from the chaos symbol, and I suppose it you are one point off, you travel is gonna become chaos.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
      Thanks scrivner. I'm 64 yrs old and my memory is rapidly deteriorating. I'm so glad I have folk like you to remember things for me.

Perhaps it is time for me to go quietly into that good night, or whatever that was.... and to take all my fantisies with me.

With the pain I suffer daily, and the disconnects I experience (such as this), it hardly seems worthwhile to stay around.

Kaonohi, think of it as 64 years young.

I am sure after all your years, you have some thicker skin than to take such things to heart.

Though not 64, I can certainly relate to the daily pain, and social disconnects, but you know what, makes me wanna be a feisty bugga, just to laugh at the doubters.

Be grateful for everyday your feet hit the floor, for all we know, it is certainly better than the alternative.

Smile, friend. It always does some good.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Thanks, gang, for being so understanding.
        Yes, indeed, I have some serious cognitive disconnects. I wish I was confident enough to share all my 'stuff' online.
        Not yet. Maybe soon, but I'm not sure anyone really wants to know. I can go cry in my beer, and perhaps you can still take things I say seriously.
        Like everyone I have had my 'ups and downs,' but lately I have been in a serious down.

I'll just keep on keeping on. I see I can rely on my friends to keep me from endlessly repeating myself, so it's cool.
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
          Maersk has a 7-point star as its logo. I'm guessing it has something to do with navigation.

http://www.maersk.com/Pages/default.aspx
          Actually,
          Mike, as far as I can tell, it has to do with Kanaloa, the Hawaiian spirit in charge if navigation by sea! One group on Hawai`i calls the symbol the "Eye of Kanaloa."

I'm currently trying to match it up with an old 'Polynesian compass map.' FWIW.

I've seen the old Maersk signs, but never thought to ask them.

Thanks!
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I'm curious - are there any native Hawaiians on this thread who could help out with more information?
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
            X