Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Racist Are You?

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
    I'm only racist towards people who are dirty, don't shower & bathe (for a verry long time I.E. who stench & reeks of B.O.) !!!.

Everyone else are ok in my book .

I'm not racist at all. I respect all people in the world for who they are. I, personally, think that's an important trait.
    'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
      I completely disagree, I've run into a lot of racist people during my life living here.
      Hey Konaguy, your story like mine only reverse. I'm 100% Chinese living here on the Mainland, born and raised in San Francisco. I don't have a Chinese accent, if you didn't see my face and you only heard my voice you'd think I was haole. I'm just as Americanized as the next haloe. Well, racism, prejudice whatever you want to call it is alive and well here. I get plenty people yelling at me to go back to where I came from. Hey where is that? The last time I look my birth certificate says born in the USA. The other thing people like to do is joke about ones race and cannot understand why one is so sensitive, well when you are the target of racism/prejudice most of your life, like you said scars develop and it's hard to turn the other cheek. I have to be honest, though I get along well with haoles, I am more comfortable with people of my own race or with similar cultures as me. I cannot help but feel that racism/ prejudice is just under the skin...meaning "nice to your face", but behind closed doors the nasty monster rears its ugly head.

My ex husband was haole...I think I married a haole just to fit in...but it didn't work after all...I know who I am now and proud to be Chinese in America and I don't let racist/prejudice people push me around any more, like the shy Chinese girl I once was. So you could say thanks to racism/predjudice I have encountered throughout my life, I've become a stronger person, but it also put a little racist/prejudice streak in me that wasn't there before...

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post

Remember the song by Keola and Kapono Beamer "Mr. Sang Cho Lee...."(dunno if thats the name but you know which one)? Would anyone consider that racist?
        It's not racist becuz he's just huhu from not getting any Lychee. Of course Mr. Lee get choke Lychee, but he no give to me!

Comment

[QUOTE=Kelly0040;111209]On=
          Hawaii is the first state I've lived in where I felt like I "fit in"...or maybe "blended in" is a better way to say it. I've never had a need to fit in, but it feels good not to stick out.

That's why I want to move to Hawaii too from California. First time I step foot in Hawaii, I felt like I was going home. I felt soooo good and everywhere I go I see reflections of myself and my culture.

HulaHoney

Comment

Lets see, I tink I get about 8 ethnicities (national). So i'm racist against all da rest except doze 8. Smat, no?

Comment

Hmm. If one believes that someone can be "pure" or "100%" something by "blood quantum", "ethnicity" or some other artificial construct, most likely they are "racist" to a certain degree.
              Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                To paraphrase Chris Rock, theres regular people then theres ignorant people. .

Yup, Mr. Rock said that but it was more like, "Ignt".
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X