No announcement yet.

Simple Question: What Got You Through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Simple Question: What Got You Through?

Oh my goodness this is such a rich thread. Jdub, what beautiful prose you have released from the well that is HT. It is touching and inspiring. I hope people continue to contribute. DD808--I followed the link and had tears for breakfast. These stories provide a deeper look into your lives. Painful, yet positive messages such as Hope's and others give HT another dimension. Write on!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

This is such a great topic and I enjoy reading everyones responses as it gives me hope. Honestly nothing is getting me through all my problems right now. I am leaning towards seeing a psychiatrist or someone I can talk to and hopefully they can help me find the old Shan-n and teach me how to deal with my problems. I pretty much shut everyone out of my life a few months ago, lost about 10 pounds and really don't give a crap about anything. I am so overwhelmed with everything going on in my life. I have been trying to reach out to some of my friends for help and some of them want to help they just don't know how. My family knows something is wrong with me but they really don't say anything to me about it. But honestly I don't even think my family or friends can help me at this point. Just when I think things are bad they get worse and worse. I do have lots be thankful for and so much to be happy about but I am not happy nor very thankful. It's like I feel numb inside and have no feelings anymore. It really sucks especially when I have never ever felt like this before.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan-n View Post
        I am leaning towards seeing a psychiatrist or someone I can talk to and hopefully they can help me find the old Shan-n and teach me how to deal with my problems.
        Two words of advice: DO IT.

Finding a professional therapist, someone who can give you valuable advice, someone who isn't already connected to you as family or friends are, someone who can give you the skills to find the answers that apply to you, can be one of the most valuable things you can do for yourself.

One additional word to add to the two above: Please.

Comment

You all are the best. Thank you for sharing your stories. The advice you've offered is best heeded. You have all helped me believe that I can muster every bit of strength I have and get Ma through this. Thank you for your gift, my honorable HT friends.
          Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

Our collective thoughts of healing and support are with you, jdub...and manoa! Remember to double up on your vitamins, if you don't take them, go get some. This kind of stress and anxiety will comprimise your own immune system.

((hugs to you and your families))

Comment

Lately, I just think of this quote and everything falls into place:

If you want to quit, just remember why you held on for that long.
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I began telling myself that I'm not an adult until I get out of college. So I really took my time (didn't fail any class) to get out--took 7 years for undergrad Life before and during college was nothing but peaks and valleys, but I'm not complaining--the chaotic nature kept things interesting.

So I got out of college. I'm an adult, by my own connotation. Being responsible 24/7/365, 366 in a leap year, and the chaos continues. But DAMN it's fun, and it's always more interesting each day.

I'm always listening to music of any genre (well, not too much country except for Lee Ann Womack), because music puts things into perspective. So I realize that life is a no different from a song. Childhood through adolescence was the hook that got me listening closely to this track. Adulthood's the bridge, helping ease into the later stages of life, when I will eventually return to the tonal center and inner peace.
                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

For me, realising that everything passes and that if I feel low, that's just a frame of mind and I can change how I see things and therefore how I feel. I wanted to find a way through difficult times that did not depend on other people because there are times (like now) when I am living on my own and other people aren't necessarily going to be able to help. I find mindfulness meditation very useful in getting a broader, more positive view of things.

So it's nice to have friends, but it's also nice to know that if no one's around, I can work through things myself.

Peter F

Comment

Working...
                  X