Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are tikis wrong- from Christian perspective?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are tikis wrong- from Christian perspective?

Wow-
    Pau'i No offense was meant..I apologize..please do not take it that I was out to purposefully offend you...I did nonetheless and like I said earlier, I believe the Lord knows my heart. whether you claim to know my heart and/or intentions is neither here nor there to me.
    p.s. (as a newcomer to HT I SHOULD know better to ask others opinions on possiblly sensitive subjects.....curiosity got the best of me. I can enjoy HT on lighter subjects from a distance)
    sigpicKalua Pig is where the heart is......
    www.thetikiterrace.com

Comment

Originally posted by MakaP View Post
      p.s. (as a newcomer to HT I SHOULD know better to ask others opinions on possiblly sensitive subjects.....curiosity got the best of me. I can enjoy HT on lighter subjects from a distance)
      Ask, ask, ask. Then you can learn. But don't be afraid of answers that don't jibe with what you expect.

Now you have been given a number of different perspectives, opinions, facts and answers - and can act on them as you wish, with less ignorance than you would have had by not asking. That's got to be a good thing, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Ask, ask, ask. Then you can learn. But don't be afraid of answers that don't jibe with what you expect.

Now you have been given a number of different perspectives, opinions, facts and answers - and can act on them as you wish, with less ignorance than you would have had by not asking. That's got to be a good thing, no?
        My thoughts exactly. Message boards are excellent for getting different views on various subjects.

Sure, you'll find some people that will cry FOUL, just like Pua'i Mana'o did to my attempt at humor. But that's ok. This subject is something that obviously means a lot to this person, and getting another opinion educates us all.

Keep those posts coming, because I know my poor attempts at humor will

DD
        www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

He still hasn't learned.
          Last edited by PoiBoy; February 16, 2007, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
            He still hasn't learned.
            learned what?

Comment

Let's look at this objectively from a religions perspective.

That woman who talked to your mom is correct in it that in the eyes of the Christian god, Tiki's represent a demigod and should not be worshipped.

BUT you aren't worshipping them.

Then what are you doing with them? Great ornamental features of your bar?

Oh my then you've just insulted the culture that embraces it as a religious artifact.

As a Christian would you name a drink: The Blood of Jesus? Or wallpaper the walls of your bar with the Old Testament?

That's basically what you're doing with your tikis.

Now as a Christian you should abide by the Bible. Now take away the tikis and replace them with images of Darwinism. Doesn't make sense does it?

Just like that Amnesty International recruiter kid passing out anti-war literature at McDonald's one day dressed in army fatigue pants (stylish back then) Talk about an oxymoron.

But your thread title can only be answered one way: Are tikis wrong - from Christian perspective? From a Christian perspective the answer is plainly simple...yes it is wrong. But even from a cultural perspective it remains wrong as well. That is why Pua'i Mana'o is infuriated. It's an insult to her culture.

And from a Christian perspective, you should know better if you read your Bible.

But if you're not a Christian, then who the heck cares right? Christians and Hawaiians care because from a Christian perspective (you asked) it's wrong, and from a Hawaiian perspective, it's culturally insensitive.

If you're not Christian or Hawaiian, then heck more power to ya, but you made one admission...you're Christian and that makes you ask...from a Christian perspective.

You do what's right. Aloha
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
              X