Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here comes da storm...here comes da storm!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here comes da storm...here comes da storm!

Massive Oceanic outage

Grrrr! At 9:58:53 p.m., Oceanic dropped 7,000 subscribers (according to their support desk), including me. > Grrrrr! 10:38 p.m., the connection is back.
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

i was watching Medium: The Reckoning and the cable went out just about the time the show was going to end. totally missed the darned thing.

Comment

And this morning is a much different weather here in Aiea. Sun peeking through the clouds, dry roads, cool breeze, NOISY jack hammer repairing the parking structure (still!), kids in school, HECO reports most should have electricity, cable and internet working!

And elsewhere?
        ___
        "Be god to each other."

Comment

Same here in Kaneohe -- sunny, nice easterly breeze, and all in all "another beautiful day in paradise"!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I don't buy this sunshine and blue skies crap. I know something's on its way.

We've been fortunate with the electricity and cable in Salt Lake even though parts of Salt Lake lost power early Sunday AM.

At work in Kaimuki now...and I'm wearing a freaking turtleneck.
            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
            We're not here to mess around
            Boston, you know we love you madly
            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Waikiki beach yesterday afternoon, about 5pm...

The wind was quite strong and steady with gusts, but not much rain until later, but that didn't stop Henry and the band from playing!...

His drummer eventually covered his set with polysheeting when it began to drizzle and played with it covered like that, which was kinda' weird, but it worked!

But the rain eventually came down, cutting his show short about 1/2 hour.

And the Outrigger Hotel wasn't taking any chances of getting their lobby flooded...

Rain was steady in Waikiki yesterday evening, but not torrential. Power was ON the entire time.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                [...]Fortunatly, I saw a lot of blue screens in the living rooms of the building across from us, so I knew it wasn't just us.
                I know you can't see the "other" building from your unit, Tatt, but I didn't lose cable. Interesting that you did. I lost HGTV but nothing else! HGTV had been problematic thruout the day.

Comment

Wow...sorry to hear about all the utility & flooding problems so many of you had. For once it was an advantage to be in Ewa Beach. Except for some on-off-on-off action with the electricity early Sunday morning (a whole 2 minutes worth) we were unaffected. Our house sits a bit higher than most, so the rain drained away nicely. Just a day long soggy feeling and a super soft yard. A great day to pop some corn and watch some dvds. One good thing is that after this rain I'll leave the sprinklers off for a few days and save some $$$ on our ridiculous water bill.

Comment

Here we go again. Rain and thunder in Kaneohe for the past half hour.

Comment

Holey moley...it poured in Waikiki late afternoon. It's calmer now (drizzles) but who knows for how long. Still, nuthin' can match our 42 day storm during the spring of 06.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Still, nuthin' can match our 42 day storm during the spring of 06.
                        Amen to that. It was a complete freak of nature, and quite upsetting to those of us whose souls are solar powered.
                        The 'storm' this past weekend wasn't a big deal as storms go, but it got our attention because we're in such a drought, having only 20% of the normal rain so far this year.

Comment

Working...
                        X