Things overrated by Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things overrated by Americans

Yeah! It's nice that everyone respects all individuals' viewpoints, even while not necessarily agreeing!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

salmoned.....What's a "primitive?"

BTW; i do value everyone's point of view. I know that you all make me think; not only about what I believe, but why I believe it, and how to explain it in a coherent way. I am far from a philosophical giant. I just know what has happened to me. As was told to me once by a fellow Christian: "We are beggars telling other beggars where to find bread."
      Peace. Cindy

Comment

This is really deep. Party on.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
          Yeah! It's nice that everyone respects all individuals' viewpoints, even while not necessarily agreeing!
          Ooooh, this doesn't always happen but it's sure nice when it does!

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
            salmoned.....What's a "primitive?"

BTW; i do value everyone's point of view. I know that you all make me think; not only about what I believe, but why I believe it, and how to explain it in a coherent way. I am far from a philosophical giant. I just know what has happened to me. As was told to me once by a fellow Christian: "We are beggars telling other beggars where to find bread."
            Peace. Cindy
            Well, if you put the term back into context, you'll see I've already defined it. Primitives, in the sense I've used the term, are those who acknowledge our descent from a time prior to the beginnings of our currently dominant civilization, which I've stated as having occurred within the last 20,000 years (more or less). We recognize that humans have had continuously viable means of survival for about a million years or more before certain ideas and practices like 'civilization', 'god', 'right & wrong', etc. were developed and that there might be something there from which we can learn to ensure our continued existence for another million years or so. That, perhaps, 'civilization' circumvents or ignores the evolutionary tactics we've developed to ensure our survival as a species, and that, as a result, people within our civilization find it difficult or impossible to be happy, satisfied or confident in our future, both individually and collectively.
            May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Thanks--from the way you phrased it, I kinda thought it was a belief system I was not familiar with. So you believe civilization is overrated.
              Last edited by cyleet99; May 20, 2008, 12:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                Well, if you put the term back into context, you'll see I've already defined it. Primitives, in the sense I've used the term, are those who acknowledge our descent from a time prior to the beginnings of our currently dominant civilization, which I've stated as having occurred within the last 20,000 years (more or less). We recognize that humans have had continuously viable means of survival for about a million years or more before certain ideas and practices like 'civilization', 'god', 'right & wrong', etc. were developed and that there might be something there from which we can learn to ensure our continued existence for another million years or so. That, perhaps, 'civilization' circumvents or ignores the evolutionary tactics we've developed to ensure our survival as a species, and that, as a result, people within our civilization find it difficult or impossible to be happy, satisfied or confident in our future, both individually and collectively.
                One needn't be happy in order for our species to survive, only horny.
                Btw it appears we think a lot alike.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

True, we needn't be happy, but I like being happy. As well, being horny, as an isolated attribute and in our current circumstances, may or may not be relevant [as a positive or negative factor] to our long term survival.

"Thanks--from the way you phrased it, I kinda thought it was a belief system I was not familiar with. So you believe civilization is overrated."

It is a belief system, but you are probably familiar with it. It allows for a wide range of divergent opinions with a goal of better comprehension of who, how, where, what and why we are.
                  Last edited by salmoned; May 20, 2008, 01:28 PM.
                  May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
                  X