Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westboro Baptist Church Protests

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

I believe the church members are largely the members of Fred Phelp's family and a lot of them are lawyers or disbarred lawyers. They have used the legal system to their advantage claiming that what they do is protected free speech and have even received awards of money for the violation of their civil rights when they were prevented from picketing in a few places. They are not afeared of the law process.

Comment

You would think that judges would stop awarding large sums of money to them.
      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wow. They have a new Obama video on their website. They call Obama "the antichrist", says the he "justifies murder", that "God hates him", he has a "slimy tongue",and he's a "beast". Makes Ralph Nader's comments pale in comparison. Of course they also call Bush a "piece of crap", just to be fair.

Does this mean they don't want to work with the new president?

http://www.signmovies.net/videos/signmovies/gho.html

Comment

Matapule, exercising maximum self control wif bof hand oder de mout. Don comment matapule, don comment. It is good to turn over rock and see cacaroaches in daylight.

Peace, out.
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Roachs run for cover when you turn the lights on.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
              Wow. They have a new Obama video on their website. They call Obama "the antichrist", says the he "justifies murder", that "God hates him", he has a "slimy tongue",and he's a "beast". Makes Ralph Nader's comments pale in comparison. Of course they also call Bush a "piece of crap", just to be fair.
              With Bush's low approval rating, that wouldn't be controversial with all but the most diehard W. lower.

But using inflamatory language towards Obama, different story. It generates lots of controversy and publicity. That's all that this church wants. Read Adri's earlier post.

Since publicity is all they want, I would be inclined to totally ignore them, just as many media outlets have chosen to. I just hope that no dum-dum out there is motivated by the church's propaganda to plot the unthinkable against the new president.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

They have a really tough time attracting new members. A lot of what they put out is funny in a black humor kind of way to some people, other stuff is just plain sick.

Comment

The Westboro nutcases plan to return to Honolulu to picket Obama's Grandmother's funeral on the 14th. WTF. I wonder if it will get press.

Comment

The Westboro nutcases plan to return to Honolulu to picket Obama's Grandmother's funeral on the 14th. WTF. I wonder if it will get press.
                    The best thing to do is to ignore them.

Let the professionals handle them.

Professionals meaning HPD and other Law Enforcement Agencies.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Somebody oughta tell all the inmates in Halawa and OCCC about these nutcases from WBC coming here to harass a local boy at his tutu's funeral, and have the inmates spread the word to their not-so-gentle friends outside.
                      A few good WHACK WHACK's oughta send a good message.
                      Heh.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

It's pathetic to protest at someone's funeral.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond3121 View Post
                          It's pathetic to protest at someone's funeral.
                          That's probably the nicest thing most of us would say about this group - "pathetic."

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            That's probably the nicest thing most of us would say about this group - "pathetic."

It's the nicest thing I can say.

Comment

Send crack addicts who haven't showered to keep giving Westboro Baptist Church members hugs.

Comment

Westboro Baptist getting attacked in Seaford, Delaware. In spite of heavy police protection, it happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZGKx2pTBQc

Comment

Working...
                                X