Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westboro Baptist Church Protests

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
    Westboro Baptist getting attacked in Seaford, Delaware. In spite of heavy police protection, it happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZGKx2pTBQc
    Do I hear an "Amen?"
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

when this group was here a few years ago, they were across the street from `Iolani Palace with their signs saying "God hates Hawaiians" and other things like that. Well, it just so happened there was an event going on the grounds that day and we all decided to walk over and talk to the folks from Kansas. There were several cops there to "protect" them and they didn't quite know what to do with us. They ended up stepping back & just watching.

We encircled them (Hawaiians & non-Hawaiians, myself included) and tried to ask them why they were here and what they hoped to accomplish. Eventually, after one of our group was in tears trying to talk to them - someone started chanting "E Ku Mau Mau", which we then continued for some time as we circled around them. Their story to the news was that we were cursing them. HPD stood back because we were not touching any of them. and they pretty much let themselves be intimidated. I guess folks who use another language is just something they don't understand in Kansas. But, I think they probably figured out they weren't in Kansas anymore

I'll admit that chant can be intimidating to those who don't know what it means but it is certainly not cursing anyone.

Bottom line for me is that these folks are ignorant, blind & stupid. But - not stupid enough to ever ignore them or their kind. These kind of fanatics are dangerous but not impossible to deal with.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
        ...their signs saying "God hates Hawaiians" and other things like that.
        Oh, my. That's a good way to become scarce. I guess their god hates everyone who isn't one of them.

Comment

Well, it's good that Madeline Dunham's memorial service seems to have passed well and without the WBP (unless the WBP intend to picket the private service for family members).

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
            (unless the WBP intend to picket the private service for family members).
            ...where the Secret Service will have a huge presence. That would be their most foolish maneuver yet.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/petition-urges...192906943.html

They're back.

Comment

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html

Neighbors do unto strangers
                Do onto neighbors what you do to yourself
                Yourself, yourself, yourself
                Neighbors, neighbors, neighbors

Comment

Westboro Baptist Church claims Hawaii will be ‘utterly destroyed’ Sunday (yahoo.com)

Run for you lives!

Comment

Did the Westboro Baptist Church had visions of the fires on Maui? If they didn't have those out there opinions. People would believe them. But, they sounded like the boy who cried wolf.

Comment

Working...
                    X