Things we can't get here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things we can't get here

I am in Los Angeles. If anyone needs something from the mainland, I'd be willing to go shopping. If you can figure out how to get Leonard's malasadas back to me still hot, I'd be willing to trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
      Thanks tutusue and peskwe! You made my wishes come true!
      Ahhh...the real reason HT exists.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out where I can buy those beach mats here. You know the kine. The bamboo ones that you can buy EVERYWHERE for $1, but can't get on the mainland.

We should set up some kind of trade system. I send you bug zapper, you send me bamboo mats. And one of those necklaces from the Swap Meet with the turtle pendant in that cool blue/green color.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Mats like these?

http://www.asianimportstore.com/tatamimats.html

Comment

SG, are you near the coast? Any coastal city Walmart or beachwear store should sell those tatami mats. I know they do on the East Coast.

Comment

SG, you can also search for "goza mats" and find a lot of sources there.

Comment

Hey, Jim75, my neighbor! You still want some Zatarains Gumbo mix? I saw it at the grocery store recently. I can probably jam 4-6 boxes in my luggage for you.
                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Have a safe flight back tonight, TG! Hope you were able to fit everything- clothes, shoes, gumbo mix, dryer sheets, conditioner, and all!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                    Hey, Jim75, my neighbor! You still want some Zatarains Gumbo mix? I saw it at the grocery store recently. I can probably jam 4-6 boxes in my luggage for you.
                    I was just thinking I should see if you're back from Calfornia yet, so I searched for your latest post. Then I saw this one. I hadn't looked at this thread in a while. If you're back, thanks for thinking of me. If you're not, I'd love to have a couple of boxes. But everytime I travel my bag is packed so full I can't get it closed, so I certainly don't expect you to be haulin' gumbo mix.

Comment

• Re: Things we can't get here

Hey turtlegirl, I tried to send you a pm, but it said you can't recieve anymore messages until you clear out some space.

Comment

Lottery tickets.

Pay one dollar and you might win a million or 10m or 40m or hundreds of millions. You probably won't but it's fun to dream and fantasize what you would do with the money. House at Diamondhead, or a ranch on the B.I. And a lake cabin in Canada for summer getaways. Until they pick the numbers and you don't win. So you go pay another dollar and carry the dream in your pocket for another week.
                        You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                          Hey turtlegirl, I tried to send you a pm, but it said you can't recieve anymore messages until you clear out some space.
                          oh, oops! I'll get to that tonight. If I could just remember how....but I think there's a thread about that.

I played so much lotto when I was in LA! Scratchers, Megamillions, Superlotto, I had piles of them while I was away! Still checking numbers online, too - I bought a few tickets that last for 10 drawings!
                          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

mucho mahalos for a Trader Joe's...maybe they call it Trader Keo's, ha, ha. I fly back to the mainland once a month and I always bring back something from TJ's.

mucho onolicious

Comment

I just received the large size flat rate box chock full of Trader Joe's products. YUMMMMMM...

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                I just received the large size flat rate box chock full of Trader Joe's products. YUMMMMMM...
                                Par T at Tutu's hale, Par T at Tutu's hale! (matapule is one of the three but he ain't sayin' which one)
                                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
                                X