Jack Lord: Five-O last name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Lord: Five-O last name

I was reading this old story about Jack Lord's estate.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...601220358.html

He is known as "Jack Lord." But his real name is John Ryan.

John = Jack

Any many stars don't use their real last name. So I get that.

I'm just wondering......

Jack Lord's wife's name was Marie Lord. (I don't know if they have any kids, let's assume they do).

His son's name is Chris Lord. Other son's name is Tony Lord.

Lord is NOT their real last name. So does the entire family have to play this "hollywood" game? And not use their true last name?

Re: Jack Lord: Five-O last name

Sounds like he legally changed it at some point, otherwise the family couldn't use Lord.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Yes, Mr. Lord might've legally changed his name.

Another possibility is that the Screen Actors Guild had him change it. This happens when someone with the same name (in this case, John Ryan) is already a member. That said, I don't know if that's the case; just that it's a possibility as this situation has happened many times. If this is the case then all legal documents (contracts, marriage licenses, yada, yada) are executed in, or at least contain, the actor's legal name. I don't think there's anything stopping a spouse from using the pseudo last name but, again, legal documents will be in legal names.

If the name change has not been made legal then children will be known by the legal last name. Usually that's preferred as it allows the kids some privacy.

Sometimes children of celebrities take their parents famous last name. Joan Rivers daughter, Melissa, comes to mind. Melissa's legal last name is/was Rosenberg. I don't know what it is now, however.

Just some Wed. morning trivia...

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Sometimes children of celebrities take their parents famous last name. Joan Rivers daughter, Melissa, comes to mind. Melissa's legal last name is/was Rosenberg. I don't know what it is now, however.
        Similarly, Charlie Sheen took his dad Martin's screen name as his own, despite his brother Emilio Estevez using his given name.

Comment

I wonder if Tom Clancy naming his main protagonist "Jack Ryan" has any link to this.
          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

In the state of Hawaii, you can legally give your children any last name you wish. I don't know if that was the case when Jack Lord's children were born, or even if they were born in Hawaii (not really interested), but even if he didn't 'legally' change his own last name (or changed it under common law) the children could have been named 'Lord' on their birth certificates. Next...
            May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
              [...]I don't know if that was the case when Jack Lord's children were born, or even if they were born in Hawaii (not really interested),[...]
              The Lords had no children (not that you're interested! ).

Comment

Just think if they had!
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

How about Traci Lords who based her stage name on Jack Lord?

Comment

I've read that "they" are trying to start "Five-O" again for the second time 8/08. This time with none of the old casts. I think the story will be McGarrett's son, who is grown up and is part of Five-O. Even thou I recall there was never any mentioned of his personal life on the show. There are a few web links. Search under "Hawaii Five-O 2.0"

Any more news on that from Hawaii's end?

Also, the last season of Five-O (12th) was actually drop by CBS, and the show went into sydication. It was picked up still by KGMB so most fans never knew the difference. The show was call "McGarrett."

I used to watch it. But now I can't recall if the open theme song was the same. Does anyone remember?????

Comment

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
                      I've read that "they" are trying to start "Five-O" again for the second time 8/08. This time with none of the old casts. I think the story will be McGarrett's son, who is grown up and is part of Five-O. Even thou I recall there was never any mentioned of his personal life on the show. There are a few web links. Search under "Hawaii Five-O 2.0"

Any more news on that from Hawaii's end?
                      Check this thread.

Comment

Also, the last season of Five-O (12th) was actually drop by CBS, and the show went into sydication. It was picked up still by KGMB so most fans never knew the difference. The show was call "McGarrett."
                        This is actually not true.

The 12th season of Hawaii Five-0 was indeed originally aired on CBS, just as the previous 11 seasons were. The show was never a first-run syndication.

The "McGarrett" series basically consisted of 12th season episodes that were aired on CBS Late Night schedule during the early 1980s, after Hawaii Five-0 had been cancelled. These shows were re-named "McGarrett," so as to differentiate these CBS network reruns from the syndicated Hawaii Five-0 reruns that were already being aired by many stations around the country.

After the show was dropped from the CBS Late Night lineup, the "McGarrett" series basically disappeared into distant memory. The 12th season eps were then incorporated into the syndication packages, with the original Hawaii Five-0 intro restored.

I used to watch it. But now I can't recall if the open theme song was the same. Does anyone remember?????
                        The music and the pictures are all the same. The only thing different is that "McGarrett" appears in front of the opening wave sequence, instead of "Hawaii Five-0."
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          The Lords had no children (not that you're interested! ).
                          Sorry, I never said they did. It was all a hypothetical exercise based on the ponderings of the OP. If you re-read the OP, you'll see exactly how my response applied.
                          Last edited by salmoned; November 14, 2008, 10:14 AM.
                          May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

I remember othe programs getting "new" names in syndication. THE LINEUP became SAN FRANCISCO BEAT. CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT ===> JET JACKSON. GUNSMOKE in reruns was titled MARSHAL DILLON. ALCOA PRESENTS became ONE STEP BEYOND. I'm sure there are others.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                              I remember othe programs getting "new" names in syndication. THE LINEUP became SAN FRANCISCO BEAT. CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT ===> JET JACKSON. GUNSMOKE in reruns was titled MARSHAL DILLON. ALCOA PRESENTS became ONE STEP BEYOND. I'm sure there are others.
                              In the past, it wasn't uncommon for syndicated programs to be re-named. Sometimes, it was because a title sponsorship was no longer applicable (like Alcoa presents One Step Beyond or Kraft Television Theatre). In other cases, there were long-lived shows that were already in syndication while the series itself was still going strong with new episodes being aired on network TV. The syndicated series was re-named, so as to differentiate them from the network episodes. A couple of well-known examples would include "Emergency One" (Emergency!) and "Happy Days Again" (Happy Days). But when the shows were eventually cancelled by the networks, it was no longer necessary for the syndicated episodes to have a different name and in almost every case, the original title was restored.

But in recent times, I notice that syndicated reruns haven't been getting renamed, even when the show is still currently in production. For instance, syndicated episodes of Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, King Of Queens, and That 70s Show were not renamed, even when new episodes of those programs were coming out.
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X