X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zff
    replied
    Re: Annoying phrases

I have to admit that I'm actually a little fond of the phrase "I could care less". People who say it obviously couldn't care less about getting the phrase right, and I love that kind of sublime irony.

I think the only phrase I really don't like is "whatnot". It always sounded like something a stupid person would say when he/she is trying to sound smart.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied
    And what is with...

...so many people saying yeah no, or, no yeah, especially where neither apply. Which is it, yes or no, or just shut up?!

Leave a comment:

• Surfingfarmboy
    replied

I dislike when retailers urge us to "Act now! Quantities are limited!". While I do understand the gist of the message they are trying to convey, the fact is everything they sell is of a finite (and therefore limited) quantity.

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

Oohh! Oohh! I got one!!

"That's what she said." Shut up. You totally just ripped that off of some show (I think it was The Office?) and you're NOT funny OR original. And it's especially annoying when you're talking to some d-bag who drops this line in after every single thing that's said.

I also hate "Duh." It's so rude. But lazily rude. If you're going to insult me, at least be creative about it!

Leave a comment:

• Pua'i Mana'o
    replied

How on earth "like" became a conjunction, I'll never know.

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied

Off topic, this is not an annoying phrase, but this thread made me think of this that I recently saw on TV:
    In an interview, the person said "tick for tack" instead of tit for tat. I really did LOL (yes, I actually laughed out loud!).

Meanwhile, on topic, an annoying phrase to me is "Eh, Russell you get pen?" [read below and then insert another LOL here]

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

No disrespect, but....

Leave a comment:

• HawaiiMama
    replied

One that was very popular a few years back was, "WHATEVER". Now, THAT drives me nuts! And one that I hear constantly now is "At the end of the day..." I have heard that phrase used 4 or 5 times in a short conversation, and it makes me wish the conversaton was even SHORTER!

Leave a comment:

• Honoruru
    replied

I was going to post a reply, but I forgot what the question was.

I'll have to think about this. I'll get back to you.

Leave a comment:

• leashlaws
    replied

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
    "It's not rocket science"

NEEDLESS TO SAY, it is ARGUABLY the most annoying phrase AND WHATNOT. But then, I COULD CARE LESS, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

ha ha - it was all I could think of as I was writing this post :-)

And, FOR THE RECORD, the above phrase bugs me enough that I've devoted a large part of my life to dispel the myth that rocket science is the hardest thing in the world to understand.
    Your post is very funny and full of wit; if you will..........

Leave a comment:

• DannyWilliams
    replied

Well thee most annoying phrase I soooooooo HATE to a "T" is being addressed..

MY FRIEND........ no I do NOT know you and I do have a name which I will be glad to tell you

Leave a comment:

• acousticlady
    replied

"It's not rocket science"

NEEDLESS TO SAY, it is ARGUABLY the most annoying phrase AND WHATNOT. But then, I COULD CARE LESS, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

ha ha - it was all I could think of as I was writing this post :-)

And, FOR THE RECORD, the above phrase bugs me enough that I've devoted a large part of my life to dispel the myth that rocket science is the hardest thing in the world to understand.
    Last edited by acousticlady; September 10, 2009, 04:09 PM. Reason: but apparently I can't spell.....

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

"Needless to say" Then DON'T SAY IT!!

Leave a comment:

• leashlaws
    replied

"arguably" Just makes me cringe.

Leave a comment:

• Bobinator