• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Whitfield
    replied
    Which is it, yes or no?

no yeah, or, yeah no

You hear this silliness even by on-air so-called professionals.

Leave a comment:

• bjd392
    replied
    Re: Annoying phrases

Unfortunately, I absolutely hate "dakine" in any way, shape or form. If you can't articulate exactly what you want, you're not going to get it from me. I will substitute my "dakine" for whatever I feel it should be, and it won't be what you want.

Leave a comment:

• Sharilyn
    replied

"be that as it may"

Leave a comment:

• Surfingfarmboy
    replied

"This is very true". True is not subject to measures of degree; a condition or statement is either true or it is not.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

He's just not that into you.

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post

Cyn you could insult someone right in front of them verbally and they'd still thank you for complimenting them! LOL!
    i'm more likely to give such a person a migraine for want of a dictionary.

this reminds me of the "ink and incapability" episode of blackadder featuring a fictional version of sam johnson, creator of the first dictionary. if you're unfamiliar, hugh laurie (now of house) plays a dunce of a prince and rowan atkinson (mr. bean) is the snarky butler, blackadder. johnson boasts that he has written every single word in the english language in his dictionary but blackadder frustrates the author by punctuating his comments with obscure words.

ps. i was, by no means, trying to insult either lika or TG. sorry that it might have come off that way.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

"This solar water heater will pay for itself in five years"...Good then why are you billing me?

Leave a comment:

• cyleet99
    replied

"irregardless..."

"May I have a minute of your time?"

Gahh! Hate 'em.

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

You made me think of this one, Cyn.

"Free money" As in "you just won free money!" What other kind of money is one going to win? (I realize there are taxes AND WHATNOT, but still)

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

"This won't take a minute...." (no, it'll take an hour!)

and,

"This'll only take a minute." (Right....)

also,

"Sorry to bother you, but..." (Are you really? or just embarassed?)

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
    it's actually the superfluous bureau of redundant precincts for departmental tautology.
    Whoosh!!! Oh wow dat was some high technological gramma kine stuff ladat dat wen fly right ova my head.

Cyn you could insult someone right in front of them verbally and they'd still thank you for complimenting them! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

"lose money," was as ubiquitous ten years ago as "auuuurrrrrite" and "ainokea" (and its variations) are now. i consider the compulsive use of any of those three phrases as a sign of choosing mental apathy in order to be a lemming feigning originality.

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    That office has been renamed. It's now the Department Of Redundancy Department.
    it's actually the superfluous bureau of redundant precincts for departmental tautology.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Uhg, i hate 'hot water heater' the most! Brought to you by the Redundancy Office of Redundancy!
    That office has been renamed. It's now the Department Of Redundancy Department.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    ANYTIME someone invokes their personal religious values as an "explanation" for why something happened, or is going to happen, or in lieu of a real apology.

Keep your damn gods to yourself, wouldja?
    Amen!

Leave a comment:

• Sharilyn
    replied

"What goes around comes around"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X