Gotta euthanize my kids' bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gotta euthanize my kids' bird

First off is the crazy one a male (blue on top nose part of beak) or a female (pink or tan over beak)? Female budgies tend to be more aggressive than males, if you've got two females and only one male, the calm female is top chick and the crazy one is stressing over it.

Try getting a loner cage from the vet, or look for a secondhand cage that's about as big as the one the three are in already. Put the crazy one in by itself but place the cage close enough to the other birds that crazy can see but not touch. Crazy will probably calm down then 'cause it'll be able to put distance between itself and the other two yet still have the feeling of being part of the flock.

Comment

Re: Gotta euthanize my kids' bird

Originally posted by U'ilani
      Snowy has been living in a very large bird cage. I can't return her to the store--we've had her for 2 years; they won't take her back.

I've put in a call to the Humane Society. She'll go there tomorrow. The kids know I've been wanting to get rid of all 3 birds. They'll be happy they still have the 2 left.

Mahalo for all of your responses!! I wouldn't wish this lolo bird on Auntie Lynn or MadAzza. I will keep the CO2 in mind, though, if the HS changes its mind.

Seven more days until I head back home to Hawaii for vacation!
      Hey! Please let me know and maybe some of the others would like have a small gathering of sorts to meet you! Picnic, cocktails anyone?

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
      X