X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 4

Originally posted by doc1456

Today was my Progamming final, and I couldn't get the results to display in the program!
    I hated programming. I mean, I was able to pretty much ace all of the exams and stuff, but what really pissed me off was when I'd stay up late at night working on programming code and then fall asleep and dream that I was still programming code! That was when I knew programming wasn't for me.

Comment

Oh those days of programming...line by line by line.

One of our exams had us loop 1's and 0's to make Mickey Mouse appear on the printout line by line.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

My DSL Modem was suppose to come by today. It's 4:17 pm. Ala's I went without service for three days and went more Pupule from Internet withdrawls. I don't wish it upon my enemies.

HawnTel/Verizon called...still tracking my lost/stolen MODEM.
        ETA for MODEM ?
        I will recieve FREE Service and other stuff from company for the "PAIN" and whatevers they have and continue to put me through for one month maybe two.

I'm still pisst!

Anybody got a Modem I can rent for the time being? My DSL is hooked-up. I am presently hooked up thru Dial-up.

Auntie Lynn
        Last edited by 1stwahine; October 5, 2005, 05:10 PM.
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          My DSL Modem was suppose to come by today. It's 4:17 pm. Ala's I went without service for three days and went more Pupule from Internet withdrawls. I don't wish it upon my enemies.

HawnTel/Verizon called...still tracking my lost/stolen MODEM.
          ETA for MODEM ?
          I will recieve FREE Service and other stuff from company for the "PAIN" and whatevers they have and continue to put me through for one month maybe two.

I'm still pisst!

Anybody got a Modem I can rent for the time being? My DSL is hooked-up. I am presently hooked up thru Dial-up.

Auntie Lynn
          Try to call them tomorrow, and see if you can pick up your package from the Airport send/recieve area. I might be able to tag along after school (last day!)

Originally posted by lurkah
          I hated programming. I mean, I was able to pretty much ace all of the exams and stuff, but what really pissed me off was when I'd stay up late at night working on programming code and then fall asleep and dream that I was still programming code! That was when I knew programming wasn't for me.
          I haven't dreamed in programming yet (which I thought was a joke), but self learning won't be for me anytime soon, because the book is useless in codes you can use, and the internet isn't helping either (I thought there isn't anything the internet can cure). Now Networking, that'll give me nightmares (atleast not the LAN stuff, but the corperate networks and subnet mask *cringes*)
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Adrian, that is so kind of you. However, I can't drive anymore due to the TIA (small stroke). It's ok. I will wait for it to be delivered. I will be getting a Months Free and other Services Free per the agent handling the case. Hopefully, this will have a happy ending.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

... when I need to take care of older dimentia people, and they do crazy things.

One of our clients just walked outside to the Ice Cream truck in her pajamas, and I had to chase after her (with no cell phone, because I was going to ask my Mom [who I thought was watching them] something). She asked for 5 cones, and I told the person in the truck to don't take that order, then proceeded to take her back home, but she makes a scene pulling my hand and I let go to stop from waking up the neighborhood. She got her wish, but SHE ORDERED 5 CONES! I somehow helped her carry those back to the house, and she gave one to everyone. My Mom just came out of the bathroom and she's furious as I am.
              She just told me that she gave her yogurt for a snack before she went upstairs, but the client thinks she's thin (she's apparently regaining the fat she lost).

Comment

My father-in-law had Alzheimers. Just had to go with the flow no matter how nuts his actions might seem at the time. I looked at it this way: to him, it all makes perfect sense so there's no arguing about it.

I noticed his long-term memory seemed to be intact so If I had to spend time with him, I'd chat with him about stuff that happened way back when. And I'd listen carefully and ask him for details. Was interesting.

One day he was telling me about living at Damon Track, where the airport is now. Then he started telling me about "S" street (streets had letters in that area). "You know where 'S' street is?" He asked.

I told him, "That's where the "S" car goes, right?" (Escargo, as in snails).

He smiled. I beat him to the punchline. And it wasn't one of the jokes he'd ever told before, either.

It was among the last lucid moments he had in what was becoming an increasingly clouded mind.

Liver cancer took him before Alzheimers could demolish what was left. It was a sad blessing, the lesser of two evils.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                  Eh, pidgin could be a pretty versatile programming language:

For i = 1 to 100
                  TRY DO (DA KINE)
                  UNTIL BUMBAI

And you gotta remember that there is a big difference between the GO STAY COME, COME GO STAY, and STAY GO COME statements.

Then for a pause you use the: TRY WAIT statement

And the "Then" statement becomes "KDEN"

Pidgin Programming would be kinda neat and totally unique to local programmers only.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                    Then for a pause you use the: TRY WAIT statement

And the "Then" statement becomes "KDEN"

Pidgin Programming would be kinda neat and totally unique to local programmers only.
                    LOL

Pidgin is hard enough to understand, but to make it a programming language will be crazy.
                    Last edited by adrian; October 6, 2005, 12:36 PM.

Comment

So the If Then statements become What Why statements

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                        So the If Then statements become What Why statements
                        And the "No" statements become "Yes" statements and vice versa!

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

And the error messages become "Wop yo jaws".

Pissed me off when that happened.

Comment

Not. Becomes "Nah?" and "Yah!"
                            Originally posted by Miulang
                            And the "No" statements become "Yes" statements and vice versa!

Miulang
                            Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
                              Not. Becomes "Nah?" and "Yah!"
                              This may be unique to Oahu people because I've never heard anyone who grew up on Maui say this, but sometimes people end sentences with "no" when they mean "yes", as in "you going come, no?" And then other times, they will say, "I no like come, yeah." That's what I was referring to!

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I get Pisst when HT goes down. I'm addicted. Nah, it's all cool. What happened?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X