This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 4

No, you're correct, but your "Yes" and "No" reminded my of the super-short Andy Bumatai "Hah? Nah? Yah!!" sketch! Andy was talking about how locals can say tons with very few words. In this case, "Hah? Nah? Yah!" was the entire conversation, and both guys knew what they were talking about.
    Sorry.
    Blaine

Originally posted by Miulang
    This may be unique to Oahu people because I've never heard anyone who grew up on Maui say this, but sometimes people end sentences with "no" when they mean "yes", as in "you going come, no?" And then other times, they will say, "I no like come, yeah." That's what I was referring to!

Miulang
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      I get Pisst when HT goes down. I'm addicted. Nah, it's all cool. What happened?

Auntie Lynn
      Oh yeah. I only had one other local forum to go to while HT was down. And I had a few good threads and posts to answer, but I forgot them.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Really long, machine-generated URLs annoy me.

Comment

We are moving. I called Hawaiian Telecom to give them a disconnect date for our land line, DSL internet connection and the dial-up service. I got the arrangements made to get the land line disconnected. They transferred me to some one else to take care of the DSL and dial-up service disconnection. I was told that I cannot make arrangements for disconnect at a future date, that I have to call the DAY that I want it disconnected. That only soured me more on the whole thing...land line, dial-up and DSL from Hawaiian Telecom.

Comment

I put my card in the ATM. Punched in my PIN, as directed. Selected "fast cash." Selected the amount, as directed. THEN got the message "Sorry, this machine is temporarily unable to dispense money."

NOW you tell me! arrrrgh!!!

Why not have that message on the screen *before* some poor sucker puts her card in and goes through all those motions?

Comment

Originally posted by TurquoiseDuck
              We are moving. I called Hawaiian Telecom to give them a disconnect date for our land line, DSL internet connection and the dial-up service. I got the arrangements made to get the land line disconnected. They transferred me to some one else to take care of the DSL and dial-up service disconnection. I was told that I cannot make arrangements for disconnect at a future date, that I have to call the DAY that I want it disconnected. That only soured me more on the whole thing...land line, dial-up and DSL from Hawaiian Telecom.
              It's Friday...I still waiting for my MODEM! The saga continues with HawnTel/Verizon...

In all Hawai'i there's no extra Modem in their buildings? Straw commercial? More like LOST commercial!!!

1:20 pm. Rep. called from HawnTel/Verizon. Equipt. Operator cancelled order and will re-order another Modem. should be here by next Thursday. DUH? Why didn't they do that in the first place? Cause they were looking for the odda Modem. Double Duh!!!

3:09 pm. I get pisst when someone on the phone assumes I'm a man. I have a low voice. They would say, "One moment, sir" I would tell them, "I'm not a Sir!" They apologize but my feelings of course is hurt over and over again. I'm sensitive.

Auntie Lynn
              Last edited by 1stwahine; October 7, 2005, 03:12 PM.
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                It's Friday...I still waiting for my MODEM! The saga continues with HawnTel/Verizon...

In all Hawai'i there's no extra Modem in their buildings? Straw commercial? More like LOST commercial!!!

1:20 pm. Rep. called from HawnTel/Verizon. Equipt. Operator cancelled order and will re-order another Modem. should be here by next Thursday. DUH? Why didn't they do that in the first place? Cause they were looking for the odda Modem. Double Duh!!!

3:09 pm. I get pisst when someone on the phone assumes I'm a man. I have a low voice. They would say, "One moment, sir" I would tell them, "I'm not a Sir!" They apologize but my feelings of course is hurt over and over again. I'm sensitive.
                Hi Auntie Lynn,

First of all, BIG HUGS to you! I had to smile and chuckle when reading your post because I FEEL for you! Having to deal with customer service people for any kind of technology bugs me and agitates me to no end. The people who have to do that for a living....I pity them!

I always think I'm going to maintain my composure when calling customer service and then lose it in a matter of minutes. Scenario follows...

Me: Hello, yes, I'd like to check on my order, which I placed over the phone back on Sept. 24th.
                Them: Okay, can I have your cell phone number, blah blah blah, your order number, etc. etc. etc.
                Me: Yup, here it is...123456.
                Them: Hmmm. Can you hold?
                Me: Sure, ok.
                Them: Ma'am, we can't seem to find that order number.
                Me: Whaddya mean? I just looked it up online, on the Cingular website, and the number is right there.
                Them: It was a web order?
                Me:
                No, it was a phone order.
                Them: I'm sorry, we can't seem to help you. There is no order by that number.
                Me: How on earth can I see the order number under MY account on YOUR website and YOU can't seem to find it on YOUR computer? And by the way, how is it that I change my plan and order a phone a few hours before my husband (who orders the exact same thing) and he gets his in 3 days and I'm told MINE IS ON BACKORDER?????
                Them: I'm sorry ma'am, can you hold?
                Me:
                Can I PLEASE talk to someone else? Isn't there a supervisor or something?
                Them: (Put me on hold forever)
                Me: (I hung up and called again)
                I hope everything gets fixed real soon!
                Attached Files
                Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Oh, customer service really pisses me off.

This morning, my Mom called to confirm if my brother's lost cell phone has been suspended, but the rep suspends her phone, instead of my brother's number! My Mom was supposed to attend a Care giver's conference in a few minutes, so she took her phone, hoped for the best. At 12 noon, she calls to check up on me, a full 5 hours after the incident happend!

Tmobile has the best customer service for a few years, but I guess there's still a few lemons in the company.

Comment

it pisses me off when people don't pay me on time...as a freelancer (mostly), direct deposit is not an option, and even if it were, some schmuck client would find a way to screw that up, too...my regular gig has been a day or two late for 3 checks running...

serenity now! if i'm broke on my birthday, i'm gonna be most disgruntled...
                    Don't be mean,
                    try to help.

Comment

• Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 4

"a day or two late." countcher blessings.
                      imagine being stiffed by about a thousand.
                      As mentioned previously, this overseas production company 'stole' about fifteen hundred from me for services rendered.

a rapper that had a movie come out a while ago, had a scene in a 'tiki bar' wherein i sold them about 800 bux worth of tropical props. This major studio never paid for it. and i mean never. not late, just never. after repeated attempts to collect. rhymes with former smothers.

a major rock video channel bounced a very large check (about $1,300.00) for props and decor i sent them years ago. took a long time to get remuneration. This kind of thing hurts a small businessperson greatly. set me back and messed up other business and bank relations. be very happy you get yer checks within a week or at all.

thankfully, these are exceptions to the rule, as for the many years working with, to, at, and for the film industry in Burbank and L.A., Mostly i have worked with great people with longrunning back and forth business. and this on every level and every aspect of the industry; directors, producers, prop houses. actors. music publishers, agents. managers. you name it. I will not make a negative blanket statement, cuz it ain't true. But the few do damage for the many, sometimes.
                      Last edited by kimo55; October 11, 2005, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                        "a day or two late." countcher blessings.
                        imagine being stiffed by about a thousand.
                        As mentioned previously, this overseas production company 'stole' about fifteen hundred from me for services rendered.
                        a rapper that had a movie come out a while ago, had a scene in a 'tiki bar' wherein i sold them about 800 bux worth of tropical props. This major studio never paid for it. rhymes with former smothers.
                        a major rock video channel bounced a very large check for props and decor i sent them years ago. took a long time to get remuneration. This kind of thing hurts a small businessperson greatly. set me back and messed up other business and bank relations. be very happy you get yer checks within a week or at all.
                        yikes, kimo-san...those are nightmarish tales of fiscal ineptitude indeed...more-money-than-God showbiz creeps holding out on the working man...despicable...
                        Don't be mean,
                        try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
                          yikes, kimo-san...those are nightmarish tales of fiscal ineptitude indeed...more-money-than-God showbiz creeps holding out on the working man...despicable...
                          I worked for a radio station whose owner constantly bounced paychecks because all the money was going up his nose. The entire staff was ready to quit all at once but the station got new owners in the nick of time.
                          There are also many stories from employees of a certain surf news reporting network here in Hawai`i who never got paid because the owner was smoking all the income.
                          There's two more "showbiz creeps" for ya...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

What pisses me off? I called to make an appointment with my shrink. I go to see her X2 a month. I miss my appointment last week due to the rain. Receptionist tells me the earliest appointment is the Oct. 20th. Ok. How about my med's, I'm running out. Well, you didn't make the other appointment. Silence. Yeah, $#@^&%$...cause it was &*^^%%$ Raining!!! Plus, I called! Can't the shrink call in the med's to Longs before I go really Ballistc?
                            Some people's children!

K-den, I feel better. I no need to go see my SHRINK. As for the medication, it's placebo anyway!

Auntie Lynn
                            Last edited by 1stwahine; October 11, 2005, 03:17 PM.
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

...invisible rain (when you see its clear outside, but when you step outside, you can feel the rain)
                              ...the non-existance of bookstores in Hawaii. I know that Barnes and Noble will open at Ala Moana soon, but Waldens/borders at Ala Moana is closed, same goes for borders Pearlridge (but they're opening a bigger store next year), so I know that borders Waikele won't have it (I'm too lazy to call, and if I go there, then I'll need to wait an hour for the next bus going back to Waipahu). Plus, I don't want to order books online (I'm trying to find a "dummies guide to CNA) because it'll take 2 weeks to come here.

Comment

what pisses me off ...

when I have to keep a secret
                                not because someone will be hurt if I tell
                                but because the other person involved thinks it will be inconvenient
                                or embarrassing

Comment

Working...
                                X