Christmas Wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas Wishlist

Mahalo to everyone who supported this project. Wow. A pair of Locals slippahs for each kid! Those are primo slippahs, not the junk kine. The kids will make good use of them. They may not know or remember who made it possible for them to have the slippahs, but it's heartwarming to know that there are people out there who care about them and want them to have a little happiness for one day. And tonight, the entire State of Hawai'i will know that MWH is a place where kids are loved.

Mahalo nui loa and Mele Kalikimaka!

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      Madazza, I thank you for having the guts to ask the question. Unfortunately, there are on this date at "my" counting and observance 4 drug houses at Mayor Wrights Housing. [...]Getting back to what you wanted to know. We have a Neighborhood Watch Walk that I am a part of. I am not afraid to turn in anyone I suspect of being drug houses or drug users to HPD. I am sick and tired of my neighborhood being dangerous for the children!

I fight back!

Auntie Lynn
      You go, girl!!!

True story...
      During the late 1990s I had a beautiful, bright, young woman as my casting assistant. I found out 6 months into her internship that she started at my office right out of drug rehab. You coulda knocked me over with a feather! There was nothing about her that would've suggested that. No matter, tho', as she more than proved herself and her abilities. She became like a (3rd) daughter to me.

Then, during a particularly stressful time in her personal life, her disease slowly started to take hold again. She was able to feed her cravings via easy contacts at MWH. That's where she was eventually busted, ending up in prison. I spent a couple of Christmas afternoons with her at WCCC. It was there that she mentioned to me how neglected the children of drug dealers and users are. During visitation, the children clinging the hardest to their inmate moms were usually the most neglected, she said. Being exposed to the world known as WCCC was a painful, eye-opening experience for me.

Comment

First set of pictures in! hehehe

...of Blaine dropping off Slippahs!

It's Hea!

http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

"The difference with these children is that they don't have a choice. It's POVERTY as I stated before. It's sad, true and common to see them playing and going to school bare footed."

hey waiddaminnittt!

small keed time in Kailua, we went barefoot alla time, in and outta school. It was our preference.

Maybe da keiki MWH side find it mo easy fo holoholo barefoot dodging da betel nut juice spit kine stuffs... with slippahz, maybe they huli makakuli!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            "The difference with these children is that they don't have a choice. It's POVERTY as I stated before. It's sad, true and common to see them playing and going to school bare footed."

hey waiddaminnittt!

small keed time in Kailua, we went barefoot alla time, in and outta school. It was our preference.

Maybe da keiki MWH side find it mo easy fo holoholo barefoot dodging da betel nut juice spit kine stuffs... with slippahz, maybe they huli makakuli!
            Today, I celebrate the Slippahs for the children Kimo. Tomarrow, I come to answer your question? Maybe with amunition that I have up my sleeve!

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              Tomarrow, I come to answer your question? Maybe with amunition that I have up my sleeve!
              Put those pitchas on your blog, too, 'kay? Kimo, time for your own blog in retaliation? --- BATTLE OF THE HT BLOGGERS; I'd tune in.

Comment

HT is my blog.

Aunty,

(playing the devil's advocate here for a moment...)
                not to discredit da kokua (or christmas spirit) at all, but don't feel bad, if two weeks later, da keiki all steh barefoot again.

Comment

Welcome back Kimo.

Let the good times roll.

Tomarrow.

Then it's my turn to RUMBLE!

...beef MWH style

Lynn

Comment

HT is my blog.
                    Good point (proven by your massive ... *ahem* ... post count); I bow to the master, and ask that you please forgive my foolish ignorance, and we thank you for letting us play in the sandbox wit'cha.

Comment

if two weeks later, da keiki all steh barefoot again.
                      At least it would be by their own choice; that beats having no choice at all (too common an occurrence for the children of MWH and similar housing.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                        thank you for letting us play in the sandbox wit'cha.
                        any time, any time.
                        except from 2 to 3 a.m.. That's when they rake and get da cat poop out...

Comment

any time, any time.
                          except from 2 to 3 a.m.. That's when they rake and get da cat poop out...
                          I wondered why all my sand-castles were clumping...

Comment

At least it would be by their own choice; that beats having no choice at all (too common an occurrence for the children of MWH and similar housing.)
                            so THAT explains da sad look on da faces of people walking by us keeds when we lived at Kukui Gardens cross da street from MWH. we have planny stippaz but more fun go barefoot. Little did we know da buggaz wuz having pity on our poor souls! (or soles)

how can you tell visitor from local?
                            How can you tell local from one REAL local? (at least back a few decades ago...)
                            One wears shoes.
                            one wears slippaz.
                            da lass one no like weah anyt'ing, jes shorts and t shirt.

(covered a lil bit in: http://www.hawaiithreads.com/printthread.php?t=6043)

Comment

Ya hit the proverbial nail right on the head!

Comment

da buggaz wuz having pity on our poor souls! (or soles)
                                Yer such a heel; you need to toe the line. (I have just realized what perverse pleasure I get from going off-topic...with puns, even better.)

Comment

Working...
                                X