• Show
Clear All

• First Post Of 2006!!

Frist psot of 2006! Yehaaah!
    Mele Makahiki Hou!
    Blaine
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Re: First Post Of 2006!!

Arrgh, you beat me! Happy New Year, Blaine! And everyone!

Comment

Happy New Year everyone!!
      Lovena

Comment

Yeah should auld acquaintance be forgot!... whatever that means! Here's to a great and prosperous 06 to all....

Comment

Well, we're off to a great start, hm? The first post of the year is a post about itself!

I've had a tough year, but this community has helped me feel a lot less disconnected than I otherwise might. So in addition to a happy new year for yourself, I'm wishing one for us, collectively. What will be 2006's racism thread, and who will be this year's Tiny? I am looking forward to finding out.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
            Well, we're off to a great start, hm? The first post of the year is a post about itself!

I've had a tough year, but this community has helped me feel a lot less disconnected than I otherwise might. So in addition to a happy new year for yourself, I'm wishing one for us, collectively. What will be 2006's racism thread, and who will be this year's Tiny? I am looking forward to finding out.
            Oh dear..we're going to have another racism thread in 2006? I have to say that PZ handled that one inflammatory racism thread, which I believe started last October by a long departed HT member, with such patience and wisdom. I'm convinced he will be a great father in the testing years of his children's adolescence that are just right around the corner.

Like Scrivener, I'm looking forward to seeing what 2006 brings to this HT hui. It ought to be fun.

Happy New Year to all!

Surfingfarmboy..who will celebrate the arrival of 2006 by running in the 21st Bristol (RI) Hangover Classic 5 mile run today. I will be one of the few running this race NOT with a hangover!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
              Arrgh, you beat me! Happy New Year, Blaine! And everyone!
              Unfair advantage. I was sitting at my desk, at work. Only reason was so late, I ran outside to watch the midnight fireworks at Aloha Tower.

I just got home from work and I'm winding down before I go moemoe.

Whatever! Happy New Year to you and everybody else in this lovely looney bin! Mahalo, PZ, for being our host. And mahalo everybody for all the lovely gum this past year!

May 2006 bring, uh, more gum?

"No! Peace! Prosperity! Happiness!"

But I still like gum.

"Shuttup Blaine. Go sleep already."

Good night everybody!
              Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Happy 2006 everybody! I brought in the New Year's as planned in Chinatown. Pictures on my Blog @ http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog

Keep safe, be healthy, and may your "wishes" all come true!

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I thought the high surf and beach erosion would be the most eventful entrance into 2006 but, man, was I ever wrong!

I was awakened at 3:00 this morning by a domestic argument outside my bedroom window...could hear a child cry, too. Domestics aren't unusual in this neck 'o the woods. As the arguing escalated I got up to call security and once I did there was silence outside. Relieved, I went back to bed. An hour later the cops were at my door. They're knocking and saying "This is the police. Please open your door.". I'm thinking, "Yah! Right!"...at 4:30 in the morning I'm gonna open my door? Then I thought..."Oh my God. They think the argument was coming from inside my place."! I cautiously opened the door and, yes, there was a policeman. He asked if I heard an argument. When I said yes he asked to come in and take a statement from me. Huh? For a domestic? Turns out the abrupt silence was caused by a stabbing. It was my downstairs neighbor (3 kids under 4) and SHE stabbed HIM. Of interest to me is I've never seen a HIM anywhere near that unit, that woman or the kids. Evidentally he survived the stabbing, at least as of 4:30a. But what about those 3 beautiful children who never asked to be born, much less into such violence. At least one of them witnessed the stabbing. I don't know about the other 2.

Looking on the bright side...I had a cute guy in my condo at 4:30 in the morning! For all the wrong reasons of course!

May the rest of 2006 be boring by comparison! Whatta night!

Comment

Happy new years to everyone!

Don't get sick like I did. (school starts in 2 days, so hopefully I can get over this)
                    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                      Don't get sick like I did.
                      what way do you want us to get sick, then?
                      Last edited by kimo55; January 1, 2006, 10:00 AM.

Comment

My new year's resolution for 2006:

Do more posting than lurking on HawaiiThreads!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                          ... Turns out the abrupt silence was caused by a stabbing. It was my downstairs neighbor (3 kids under 4) and SHE stabbed HIM. Of interest to me is I've never seen a HIM anywhere near that unit, that woman or the kids. Evidentally he survived the stabbing, at least as of 4:30a. But what about those 3 beautiful children who never asked to be born, much less into such violence. At least one of them witnessed the stabbing. I don't know about the other 2.
                          Yikes, Toots! What a terrible way to ring in the new year. And those poor keiki! Maybe the guy will die, and their lives will be more peaceful now. But I doubt it. I wonder what will happen to their mom -- if it was self-defense or what.

Comment

Spent my New Years at home with the husband, kids at Grandma's house.

Happy New Year Hawaiithreads!
                            I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Aloha everyone!

Peace on earth and may Ke Akua bless each and everyone of us.

And please Lord, I don't really know if I want to win that sweater on ebay...if I do, it will be the first cashmere sweater I have ever owned...and because it is cashmere, you can imagine the damned price it's going for. I want the sweater. It is quite pretty and I have never owned anything so stylish. We shall see what His will is (after I had exerted mine by hitting "bid now").

AAAAAmene.

======================
                              edited to add that I just won da buggah. Hello big puka on da paypal.

<rocks back and forth>
                              Last edited by Pua'i Mana'o; January 1, 2006, 01:39 PM.

pax

Comment

Working...
                              X