What makes you happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What makes you happy?

[QUOTE=scrivener]I'll be thirty-seven in 31 minutes, and it causes me to wonder if I'll ever be truly happy. QUOTE]

Happy birthday, and I hope it's a happy one. At this point birthdays still make me happy, but I know there will come a time where it only reminds me of how ancient I'm becoming.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
      I know there will come a time where it only reminds me of how ancient I'm becoming.
      Beats the alternative, though...

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
        Hau`oli la hanau, Scriv... you young whippersnapper!
        I 2nd...both!

Scriv, you're younger than my kids! And that you have a rewarding career says a lot.

Comment

yo, scriv...happy birthday, man...

as for what makes me happy...hmmm...things that make me forget how unhappy i am...work, family and 2 kick ass bands...
          Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

Happy birthday, Scriv, my friend. And I'd disagree on thriving on misery, by the way. Though it is a constant companion to someone with a poet's soul!

What makes me happy? My kids, my wife, my family (well, 94 percent of it). I used to think I'd never be a dad. Now I wonder how I could even feel alive were it not for my kids.

Comment

I am in a great relationship, I enjoy my work, my daughter's wedding went well (and her husband is a cool guy, too), my activities and hobbies are fun, my soul is at peace with most things --- my life, overall, makes me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                [...]my soul is at peace with most things[...]
                There I go...editing a post again! <gasp>

Wow, LL. This says it all! Way to go!

Comment

Happiness is...

Having my husband home safe and sound for the holidays after being in Iraq for 1 year.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                    Wow, LL. This says it all! Way to go!
                    Ah, ain't no big thing. Just the end result of ups and downs to date, a flexibility to adjust to circumstances ("path of least resistance" kinda thing), and an oddly skewed perception of the world in general. (The last one's the most important.)
                    Thanks for the nice comment.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                      I used to think I'd never be a dad. Now I wonder how I could even feel alive were it not for my kids.
                      Hear, hear. I second that, emphatically! Nothing in the world that I have thus far discovered or experienced is greater.
                      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Being alive, two terrific sons, fabulous family and frirends. As Diana Krall sings..."S'wonderful"!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                          [...]and an oddly skewed perception of the world in general. (The last one's the most important.)
                          Thanks for the nice comment.
                          I couldn't agree with you more on this point. I was raised by a dad with the same worldly perception as you! I got that gene! Thank God!

Comment

wow, i feel deeply bereft being as old as i am without kids! thanks a lot HTers! lol!
                            Don't be mean,
                            try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
                              wow, i feel deeply bereft being as old as i am without kids! thanks a lot HTers!
                              Heh. I tell you what, all the things they say about kids are true -- change your life, give you purpose, most important thing in the world, love more than you love yourself, yada yada yada... but immediately after becoming a dad, I also resolved to never be one of those "evangelical parents." Because at the same time I realized I loved being a parent... I could also see quite clearly that people who never want kids also have some pretty good reasons. Whew!

Anyway. Fridays also make me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
                                wow, i feel deeply bereft being as old as i am without kids! thanks a lot HTers! lol!
                                Nothing, but nothing wrong with not having kids...if everybody had 'em, we'd be outnumbered!

Friday also makes me happy - especially when it's a payday. And a co-worker's birthday, so we will celebrate this afternoon with a coconut cream pie from Tom Douglas' Dahlia Lounge Bakery. Which will make a whole buncha folks happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X