Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ever been touched by a miracle?

this is a miracle!

I'm amazed she was found floating alive.

Comment

I was touched by Miracle. Dang, she was expensive.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

You know its amazing how stupid things will jolt you back to reality...case in point, my near death experience back in 1982.

I had just purchased a brand new Nakamichi 550 Professional Portable cassette recorder from the Stereo Shoppe in Boise, Idaho one fine morning. Later that morning I went tubing down the Boise River with some friends.

Somehow I ended up on the wrong side of the river and ended up flipping backwards over the deep end of one of the many waterfalls on that waterway.

Pushed deep into 40-degree water from the falls I couldn't make my way back up. With hypothermia setting in and absolutely no air to breathe for what my friends described as "several minutes" I suddenly had this delusion that I could breathe water as life collectively escaped my lungs.

My life became very peaceful as I saw the last few bubbles of air leave my body and the torrential coldness of the waters seemed to embrace me as I felt ready to find nirvana. At this point I realized drowning is a peaceful thing (once you get past the trauma of panic).

Ahhh life was going to become peaceful bliss as I let the cold Boise River consume my life.

THEN I REALIZED that sitting in my living room on the floor in Mountain Home Idaho was an unopened box containing my brand new $500 Nakamichi 550 Professional cassette deck! And I wouldn't be able to play with my new toy!!!

Suddenly reality jolted back in my body and like a miracle my lungs were filled with life-giving air and my mind became alert and focused: Swim forward away from the current keeping me at the bottom of the falls. I did and popped up 20-yards downstream away from where my friends were diving and searching for me...five whole minutes later.

It's funny how things happen the way they do. I guess it just wasn't my time to go.
        Last edited by craigwatanabe; October 21, 2007, 12:02 AM.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
          I was touched by Miracle. Dang, she was expensive.
          I always chuckle when I type in this URL: www.Heaven.god cuz it always appears as a link. But when you attempt to link to it, you can't...oh well I guess the pearly gates just isn't taking you just yet!

Comment

Well, when I met her dad, I sould have known
            flickr

An email from God:
            To: People of Earth
            Date: 9/04/2007
            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
            God

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              THEN I REALIZED that sitting in my living room on the floor in Mountain Home Idaho was an unopened box containing my brand new $500 Nakamichi 550 Professional cassette deck! And I wouldn't be able to play with my new toy!!!
              Dang! And I thought I was a geek!

Sorry, it's just most accounts I read it had to do with a wife and children left behind. This is the first time I've seen one about a tech toy motivating one to return to life. Does this mean that the afterlife doesn't have tech toys? Oh, man am I in trouble.

Oh, I'm sure I've been touched by a miracle - but being the ingrate I am I can't think of it right now.

Comment

Pueo 'Aumakua

Originally posted by titilejomi View Post
                this is a miracle!

I'm amazed she was found floating alive.
                Indeed. The captain of the "Strike Zone" was her miracle. It's also a miracle that this Hawaii story made national news. You'd think the story would have needed a little more twists and turns, like say if she had to fight off tiger sharks.

Goes to show her good karma working as a counselor helping people kicked in and saved her.

Craig, that near-death story about you almost drowning was also amazing. You make drowning almost sound good. lol Seriously though, glad you made it. That Nakamichi tape deck is truly miraculous!

Not me, but my mother swears her guardian angel is a dear aunt who passed away years ago. Whenever my mother faced hardships, she'd get "visions" of this aunt comforting her.

Here's a really good one regarding 'Aumakua the protective deity...

True story: My girlfriend's family 'Aumakua is the Pueo owl. One night my girlfriend's mother was driving home from a friend's house late at night coming from Kihei. Suddenly a Pueo swooped in front of her windshield and flew along with her car. She freaked out and slowed down, to which the Pueo turned around, looked at her, then flew directly in the opposite direction. Catching the "hint", she turned around and went back and used a different road to get home.

Upon reading the news the next morning, come to find out there was a really bad car accident up the street where she would have been heading, had it not been for the Pueo.

CHICKEN (or make that Owl) SKIN!
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                  Dang! And I thought I was a geek!
                  Sorry, it's just most accounts I read it had to do with a wife and children left behind. This is the first time I've seen one about a tech toy motivating one to return to life. Does this mean that the afterlife doesn't have tech toys? Oh, man am I in trouble.

Oh, I'm sure I've been touched by a miracle - but being the ingrate I am I can't think of it right now.
                  Here's one for the techie. It's a miracle if you can build one computer and do all the Windows updates and driver installations without swearing once!

Comment

Working...
                  X