Paper toilet seat covers UNAPPRECIATION thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paper toilet seat covers UNAPPRECIATION thread

I hate to detract from the humor but, on a serious note, I saw something on TV awhile back about a germ study! A lab visited various public and private places. The toilet seat of a public restroom had less germs than a counter top and sponge in the kitchen of a private home. The public toilet seat had surprisingly few germs. I'd guess it would make a difference where exactly that test loo was located. A public restroom on the beach along the leeward coast would most likely test 'germier' than one of the public restrooms at a Ritz Carlton! Restroom doorknobs tested very germy because so many people ignore washing their hands before they leave. IIRC, grocerie carts were pretty bad, esp. the handle one pushes the cart with; the same one everyone uses during the course of the day and the same one babies slobber on and also wipe their noses with their hands then hang on to the handle. The supermarket is the one place I follow up with Purell.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      I hate to detract from the humor but, on a serious note, I saw something on TV awhile back about a germ study! A lab visited various public and private places. The toilet seat of a public restroom had less germs than a counter top and sponge in the kitchen of a private home. The public toilet seat had surprisingly few germs. I'd guess it would make a difference where exactly that test loo was located. A public restroom on the beach along the leeward coast would most likely test 'germier' than one of the public restrooms at a Ritz Carlton! Restroom doorknobs tested very germy because so many people ignore washing their hands before they leave. IIRC, grocerie carts were pretty bad, esp. the handle one pushes the cart with; the same one everyone uses during the course of the day and the same one babies slobber on and also wipe their noses with their hands then hang on to the handle. The supermarket is the one place I follow up with Purell.
      This is why I posted this...
      http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showpos...4&postcount=83

Comment

Chicago's O'Hare International Airport has many toilets with automatic sanitary seat cover gizmos installed. A user of one of these toilets pushes a small button upon entering the stall which activates the device that automatically dispenses and puts in place a clean toilet seat cover. I can't really explain in words how it works, but the device is quite ingenious. O'Hare is the only airport I've been in that I've seen toilets equipped with such devices, though I have to think that other airports somewhere must have rest rooms with them installed.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
          Or some of us just don't give a Crap about the subjct
          I don't know where else to put this...

however, in Washington... it was so cold one year... The winds snapped the power lines and we were w/out power for a few days during the winter....

Our toilet water actually froze up!

Anyone ever made a "Snow Toilet"?

Try put your buns down on that bugger!
          At dat is WHY I nominated YOU foa The Kahi Mohala Award!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
            Chicago's O'Hare International Airport has many toilets with automatic sanitary seat cover gizmos installed. A user of one of these toilets pushes a small button upon entering the stall which activates the device that automatically dispenses and puts in place a clean toilet seat cover. I can't really explain in words how it works, but the device is quite ingenious. O'Hare is the only airport I've been in that I've seen toilets equipped with such devices, though I have to think that other airports somewhere must have rest rooms with them installed.
            There's a restaurant in the Discovery Bay Center that has the same kind of device.

Comment

Chicago's O'Hare International Airport has many toilets with automatic sanitary seat cover gizmos installed. A user of one of these toilets pushes a small button upon entering the stall which activates the device that automatically dispenses and puts in place a clean toilet seat cover. I can't really explain in words how it works, but the device is quite ingenious...
              That device was a bitch. No instructions, and it took me forever to figure it out.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                That device was a bitch. No instructions, and it took me forever to figure it out.
                No kidding. I wonder how much it costs just to maintain those buggers?

In addition to O'Hare, I've seen them at Atlanta-Hartsfield, Newark, and Houston International as well.
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Is this what it looks like?

http://www.thecleancover.com/images/...utside_big.gif

Comment

Cool I wonder how that works for 3 little boys and a grown man with only 1 bathroom!!! I need one!
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                      Yep, although the ones I saw in the airport bathrooms didn't look that bright and cheery.
                      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                      We're not here to mess around
                      Boston, you know we love you madly
                      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                      You know we couldn't live without you
                      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                      X