Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Justice for Porky

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
    The guy shouldn't get jail time, that's like giving him free room and board for what he did. It's too bad our system doesn't have this but I'd say 10 lashes with the cane in public and hours of community service is a better punishment. Being in prison just lets him make connections with the wrong elements.
    Lashes.... I dunno... this guy seems to not be all there... he might just enjoy the lashes.

I say put him in the "pen." Let the real pigs of society beat on him for a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
      Lashes.... I dunno... this guy seems to not be all there... he might just enjoy the lashes.

I say put him in the "pen." Let the real pigs of society beat on him for a little while.
      I guess if the man enjoys "The English Vice" then yeah, he might actually dig caning.

Otherwise, I'm not a big fan of throwing petty criminals into jails, especially when it's "smaller" acts of crime like killing pets, car thefts, ID thefts, etc. I really don't see what punishment is metted out to them by locking them up on the public's dime. They just end up making more connections to shady people and then use those connections when out.

Comment

I can get in a lot of trouble for saying this publicly, but I don't care:

This guy does not deserve to live and breathe and walk the same Earth as the rest of us. To think that he is walking the same streets as my 82-year-old mother, my friends' children, my neighbors and their family members ... is sickening and scary. It's not just him. He got caught. There are so, so many more like them. None of them deserves to live.

This piece of excrement is one legal violation away from murdering a human being (probably a weaker one -- an adult female who's stupid enough to live with him knowing his criminal history, or her innocent keiki, or some elderly person he encounters).

This guy is lower than scum. Somebody should put him out of our misery. Gee, did I say that out loud? I must be "crazy."

And Babooze is right: He is NOT a "hunter." I used to be a hunter. Real hunters don't ... Oh, god, if I have to explain, there's no point.

He is not a hunter. He is a piece of shit who has horribly scarred a family, and a community. He is a symbol and a lightning rod for every jerk who has ever done this type of thing.

I hope he dies a horrible, hideous, painful and (ahem) *natural* death. Nope, I'm not inciting any violence toward another human being. Not me. No, siree. Slowly, painfully and of natural causes. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Oh, and Joshuatree? Come over here and I'll inflict a "petty crime" on you. Then you can see if you think it's worth sending someone to jail for.
        Last edited by MadAzza; November 12, 2006, 09:39 PM. Reason: Took out the the word "idiot" directed at previous poster. No need state the obvious.

Comment

Did you know that there was actually a War between America and Britain that was started because of the killing of a pig?
          Exactly thirteen years later, on June 15, 1859, the ambiguity led to direct conflict: Lyman Cutlar, an American farmer who had moved onto the island believing that he was entitled to live there under the Donation Land Claim Act of 1850, shot and killed a pig rooting in his garden.....The two lived in peace until this incident. Cutlar offered $10 to Griffin to compensate for the pig, but Griffin was unsatisfied with this offer and demanded $100. Following this reply, Cutlar believed he shouldn't have to pay for the pig because the pig had been trespassing on his land. (A possibly apocryphal story claims Cutlar said to the farmer "Keep your pigs out of my potatoes!" The farmer replied, "Keep your potatoes out of my pigs!"[4]) When British authorities threatened to arrest Cutlar, American settlers called for military protection.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_War
          How could two nations prepare to battle over the death of a pig?
          http://www.wahmee.com/pigwar.html
          So as you can see... people are very protective of there pets! And this was in AMERICA!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
            Oh, and Joshuatree? Come over here and I'll inflict a "petty crime" on you. Then you can see if you think it's worth sending someone to jail for.
            Huh?!?

If you read my previous posts, I actually think jail time is being too good on smaller criminals. Jail time does not reform them, only gives them the opportunity to make connections with bigger fish, plus free room and board. I actually think metting out corporal punishment would be a better fit. And less of a burden on the taxpayer because there's no need for housing and feeding the fool.

I referred to people like this pig killer as a petty criminal because looking at the bigger picture, he's not a rapist, murderer (human kind), or child molester. In those cases, I don't even think jail time is appropriate either, a quick death sentence is needed instead.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
              Did you know that there was actually a War between America and Britain that was started because of the killing of a pig?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_War

http://www.wahmee.com/pigwar.html
              So as you can see... people are very protective of there pets! And this was in AMERICA!
              Back then, I don't think pigs were kept as "pets". Poor thing was probably a "working" animal (a porcine garbage disposal, perhaps?) And yes, that's a very famous story recounted by tour guides crusing into the harbor at San Juan Island.

Miulang
              Last edited by Miulang; November 17, 2006, 09:56 AM.
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                ...the man's behavior is not in the realm of social "norms" ~ deliberately tresspassing on land to kill a pet knowingly (as opposed to by mistake) in front of witnesses who were screaming at him to not kill the pig and to get off their land... He killed the pig, hacked off a leg, splattered blood about the place, dragged the pet's body in front of its owners and left it there in a manner that seems intended to inflict great distress upon the owners...
                Sounds like a "terroristic threatening" charge as well.
                Burl Burlingame
                "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Working...
                X