Live African Watering Hole Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live African Watering Hole Cam

Well this isn't exactly local and the cam is offline right now but in the spring I love watching the peregrine falcons nest at 55 Water Street in Manhattan. There is a nesting box with several cameras focused on it and you can see the pair nesting, the eggs hatching, and the chicks growing until they finally leave the nest.

A little embarrassing when you start screaming stuff like "DON'T JUMP!!!" as they get close to the edge of the building.

There were two chicks last year. Very cute:

http://www.55water.com/falcons/

Comment

HA! I saw a gazelle or deer...I think it was a gazelle! A really thirsty and VERY nervous one! Kept jumping up and jerking back! Then he ran across the screen.....hmmm....~need to get a life, I do~
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

The background noises sure makes it real! I'm at home ATM, so only now I have my speakers on.

And I bet since daylight is almost there, there'll be a lot of animals.

EDIT: WM11 either doesn't like this cam, or it hate FF2, as I can't see anything w/out scrolling my screen.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I'm wondering if this thing is solar powered? How is it running? What type camera? etc.

The evening pictures from this morning looked almost like night vision... now that it's getting lighter over there...it's more visible.

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
            HA! I saw a gazelle or deer...I think it was a gazelle! A really thirsty and VERY nervous one! Kept jumping up and jerking back! Then he ran across the screen.....hmmm....~need to get a life, I do~
            I saw that too! Did you see the 10 Zebras about 15-20 min before the gazelle? They started in from the right on the far side of the hole and when they left, a mare and her foal (if that's what they're called) came over to the near side! Too cool! Extremely addicting once you see something.

Course... It helps that I've got the cam on and watching Ghosthunters at the moment... Leap Castle in Ireland. UBER creepy!

BTW, the camera switched from night vision to regular. The trees are green now.
            -kp!

Comment

somethings on there now!
              a whole bunch of zebras!!!

Wheres my tigers when I need them!

the camera just tilted and zoomed in.... who's controlling that?

Comment

the camera zoomed in on them!
                -kp!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                  somethings on there now!
                  a whole bunch of zebras!!!

Wheres my tigers when I need them!

the camera just tilted and zoomed in.... who's controlling that?
                  I am.

This really is so cool. I love the sounds of the African morning!

That's it. I'm quitting my job.

Comment

Wow... it's daytime in Africa at 5:30 in the morning?

Comment

PJ... I've been following this cam all day today... it's pretty cool!

Not much to look at some times...but when there is something to see...it makes it worth it.

Comment

Amazing how your posts change from a wise-ass remark to something much more polite... thank goodness for that "edit" button, huh?

Comment

It wasn't a wise ass remark...

I asked... "and your question is?"... because you made a prior smart ass remark to
                          WindwardoahuRN.

Comment

Making the observation that it is daylight in Africa at 5:30 in the morning is not a wise-ass remark, no matter what your little brain might believe.

And instead of worrying about the actions of other users on HT, you really should focus on cutting down the idiocy in your own posts first.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                              It wasn't a wise ass remark...

I asked... "and your question is?"... because you made a prior smart ass remark to
                              WindwardoahuRN.

Damn. I musta missed it!

Back to Africa!!

:::Adjusting my pith helmet:::

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                                Wow... it's daytime in Africa at 5:30 in the morning?
                                Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                                Making the observation that it is daylight in Africa at 5:30 in the morning is not a wise-ass remark, no matter what your little brain might believe.

And instead of worrying about the actions of other users on HT, you really should focus on cutting down the idiocy in your own posts first.
                                Posting it with a question mark is questioning... it's not observing. And believe it or not... at many places in the world at 5:30 am it's still dark.... (here in Hawaii!)

You have snarked over Windward's posts all day on different threads and now you just switched to this one.... Look at some of her posts today on different threads and then look who's the first to say something against what she said.

I guess it's her turn to get the PJ treatment... as you seem to like to give it out to everyone else...

Back on Subject...

The next time I see something cool... I'm gonna screen capture it... and attempt to compress it so that I can post it here to show that there is some cool action everyonce in a while on it!

EDIT update: Sorry PJ!!! Maybe you were observing... it's just youv'e been all over windrn for a while...
                                Last edited by damontucker; November 15, 2006, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X