Live African Watering Hole Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live African Watering Hole Cam

I wish it was daytime there but, yes, very cool. Still, the sound is all out of proportion to the picture. I'd love to know why/how/what...ever!

Comment

Maybe there's a seven second audio delay so they can bleep out any profanity.

Comment

Here's what I saw just now...
        Attached Files

Comment

How did you capture that?

Comment

Print Screen (Screen Capture... )

Thanks for the heads up WindwardRN... Plenty action going on now...

Pretty addicting huh?

Comment

Thanks. And to TutuSue---my audio matches the action in the video.

Last night there was an antelope with what appeared to be her youngster. The young guy had the worst time trying to reach down to the water level to drink. Circled the watering hole numerous times, with Mom letting out with the most piercing screaming sounds. She seemed annoyed. She finally stopped when he gave in and stuck his legs in the mud to reach the water.

The cries of Mom matched the activity.
              Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; November 16, 2006, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                How did you capture that?
                I've got a Mac... there's a keystroke that lets you take a screencap.

Oh, and it looks like we were watching the same thing last night. I knew they weren't deer.

Comment

---my audio matches the action in the video.

Last night there was an antelope with what appeared to be her youngster. The young guy had the worst time trying to reach down to the water level to drink. Circled the watering hole numerous times, with Mom letting out with the most piercing screaming soundz. She seemed annoyed. She finally stopped when he gave in and stuck his legs in the mud to reach the water.

The cries of Mom matched the activity.
                  Yeah I'm not sure what's up with tutu's computer... my audios seems to match up fine too. I'm actually amazed at how good it is!

But I'm still waiting to see a scrap... it just seems so awkward all these different species getting along over one source of water.... you know if they were humans they'd be fighting eachother over it by now!

Comment

Thanks. And to TutuSue---my audio matches the action in the video.[...]
                    Yes, the action matches but I'm so curious as to why the decibal level doesn't! The camera is at a somewhat high angle and far enough away to capture that wide angle. The camera could, of course, have a wide angle lens on it but, still, the sound level is loud for what the video is projecting. My daughter told me that in order for her not to sit and stare at the screen she just turned up the volume because she can hear an animal walking around and that grabs her attention. I decided there's a sound guy out of frame who's mic'ing the animals! There...problem solved!!!

Comment

Either that or someones doing voice/sound overs

Comment

My curiosity got the best of me so I emailed a friend of mine who's a sound mixer. Here's what she said:
                        "They probably have a long shotgun mounted to the camera, as that is what a lot of wildlife photographers and sound partners do. That is what i did. But what I saw and listened to it sounded that they had the mic pointed in a more covered area, like into the bush.

Very cool and am going to email it to our good wildlife filmmaker friends who live in the bush and make wildlife films there. Their latest was just on Nat geo -- Eye of the leopard."

My curiosity has been satisfied!

Comment

Looks like a beautiful gazelle right about now! being groomed by a couple of birds. Symbiosis!
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I was watching that bird practically nest in her ear! Too fun! And a good close up too.
                            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                            Sharing withother survivors...
                            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

seems the watering hole dried up - its a shot of the ground and some crazy birds now.
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

nah...it doesn't dry up...which is even more amazing!

The camera is just not panned in on it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X