A REMINDER ....11 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being
    released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale
    calls......YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS
    To prevent this, ...

call the following number from your cell phone:

888-382-1222

It is the National DO NOT CALL list.

It will only take a minute of your
    time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.
    You must call from the cell phone number you are wanting to have blocked
    You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS

OR GO TO:

www.donotcall.gov_ ~OR~ http://www.donotcall.gov/
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Cell phones- DO NOT CALL LIST....

Serenity, don't believe every single email you get. This one is a recurring urban legend.

Here are a few sites that discuss it:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp
    http://urbanlegendsonline.com/emails/donotcall.html
    http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/bus..._directory.htm

Comment

If the OP's post was true, then I'd be in trouble with my new cell phone plan.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
        11/18/06 Saturday 9:23 PM

A REMINDER ....11 days from today,
        One of the so called red flags to bogus messages like these are the use of relative dates in them like 11 days from today or Yesterday a group said or a company announced today.

Comment

but were those links that Serenity posted legit? Because I just registered and am wondering if I actually gave away my phone numbers and email to a mailing list posing as the donotcall registry.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            but were those links that Serenity posted legit? Because I just registered and am wondering if I actually gave away my phone numbers and email to a mailing list posing as the donotcall registry.
            Craig, according to this alert on the Federal Trade Commission website, the website is legit.

The Snopes and Urban Legends sites simply clarify that there's no need for mass hysteria that cell numbers will be released to telemarketers.
            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
            We're not here to mess around
            Boston, you know we love you madly
            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

That's good because if some telemarketer every called my cell phone for a solicitation, I would never EVER patronize or buy whatever they're selling and I'd tell them that on my nickle! I'd even go so far as to contact the business they're promoting and tell them that their advertising dollars just reduced their potential customer base by one.

Nowdays with my landline phone when a telemarketer calls, I just give the phone to my 2-year old and walk away.

I think the next time I get a telephone survey, after the person asks the first question, I'll respond by saying, "I see dead people", then scream and tell them, "Hide there's one behind you!!" drop the phone, run away screaming and slam the door. I'm sure they'll scratch my name off the list pretty quickly.

Comment

Re: Cell Phones & "Do Not Call" List

I still think its a great idea to register all your phone numbers on the national do not call registry posted by Serenity. There's no harm in putting your #'s and it can only help stop all the junk calls.

As soon as this website came out few years ago I registered all my phone #'s LAN and Cell. LOL>>>> and all my friends # as well because I seem to be the one spreading the info to them to do it.

For someone like me that uses my cell phone as my primary phone and uses tha on documents it is imperative that I put it on the do not call list.

Mahalo
                Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                Mark Twain

Comment

I registered my land line and my cell. But I'm worried...I have a back plan. It's legit. I'm Mental.heheheh

When dey call...dey in foa a looooong no make sense babbing talk.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Pupule
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I registered my land line and my cell. But I'm worried...I have a back plan. It's legit. I'm Mental.heheheh

When dey call...dey in foa a looooong no make sense babbing talk.
                    On your cell phone? In public? That would be fun to watch.

Then there's other ways of playing with them. I've heard a recording of one guy who when he gets a call for carpet cleaning asked it it will clean blood. A whole lot of blood. And can they come over right away?

Comment

It is still illegal for solicitors to call any cell phone because they are using your minutes which cost you. There is a law against it.

But I am registered and I registered all my phones when they developed the do not call list for land line phones.
                      I love it. I tell any solicitor I am on the list and ask for their information and they usually hang up.

Somehow the phone company gets aroudn it by telling me they are doign a service call, then they throw in a sale pitch!
                      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                      Sharing withother survivors...
                      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                        It is still illegal for solicitors to call any cell phone because they are using your minutes which cost you. There is a law against it.
                        That would be great if it were accurate, but according to the FederalTradeCommission website, "FCC regulations prohibit telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers. Automated dialers are standard in the industry, so most telemarketers don’t call consumers on their cell phones without their consent." Telemarketers calling cel phones is not illegal, but using an auto dialer is.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...htm#Exceptions

Comment

Eh how long before the telemarketers stop bugging you from the time you register? I still getting calls!

Comment

Originally posted by Queenolu View Post
                            I still think its a great idea to register all your phone numbers on the national do not call registry posted by Serenity. There's no harm in putting your #'s and it can only help stop all the junk calls.

As soon as this website came out few years ago I registered all my phone #'s LAN and Cell. LOL>>>> and all my friends # as well because I seem to be the one spreading the info to them to do it.

For someone like me that uses my cell phone as my primary phone and uses tha on documents it is imperative that I put it on the do not call list.

Mahalo
                            Thanks, I personally had the same one from log ago e-mailed to me again , so I registered my landline #. When I saw this the 2nd time, I registered both my cell phone & land line, just to be safe.

As I registered my numbers, I was told that it will take 72 hours to work, the solicitors should stop calling.

Personally to me, it is better safe than sorry. I would really hate it if they would call on my cell phone to sell me something (which I don't really need & end up wasting my minutes)!.

I haven't had the pleasure of hearing from solicitors in a looong time, But then again,
                            we got that phone blocking system which requires them or any one to say a name or a company name in order to call me (or us) .

To those who are family, friends, & important businesses,
                            I just tell them to dial *82 plus the 7 digit number .
                            Aches & Pains
                            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                              [COLOR="Navy"]I haven't had the pleasure of hearing from solicitors in a looong time, But then again, we got that phone blocking system which requires them or any one to say a name or a company name in order to call me (or us)
                              Hey Serenity, what company is that with and what phone equipment do you need? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X