Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cell Phones & "Do Not Call" List

Originally posted by SouthKona View Post
    Hey Serenity, what company is that with and what phone equipment do you need? Thanks.
    SK, in Seattle, we got that service through Qwest, without any additional equipment - just an extra charge of about $6/month. Check with your phone company.

Here, the service is called "Privacy Plus" - any call that comes through from a blocked number is required to announce who they are; after they do, we get a distinct ring and an announcement of who the caller is - we can then accept or reject the call. If they choose NOT to identify themselves, our phone never even rings. It cut telemarketing calls by 90% as soon as we got it several years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      Eh how long before the telemarketers stop bugging you from the time you register? I still getting calls!
      Me too.

The same retards at SMS Research always call. I've reported their asses so many times but THEY. STILL. CALL.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        - any call that comes through from a blocked number is required to announce who they are; .
        Guess I'm gona have to upgrade at some point - I do not even have caller ID yet. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Hey Serenity, what company is that with and what phone equipment do you need? Thanks.
          Actually we are with Hawaiian Telecom. We requested from our phone company which they already have, & people just need to request them, if they need.

I think it's called a call blocking system.

No need for any special phone, just regular phone with push button (I would think), we have a cordless phone which is great!.

I also think they might still (not sure) have an answering machine in the system, so people don't need to get a physical answering machine, it is built in the system itself.

We already have an answering machine, with our cordless phone, so we didn't request that.

I think anything else extra from the company itself, are always extra fees.

If you, your family, &/or friends want the same one, it's from Hawaiian Telecom. Just need to ask them about it.

We got a package deal with them, I think it has call forwarding, too.

Oh...

BTW- I think there is a number for a "Nuisance option" I haven't called it in a while. I think if you have Solicitors that continues to call & bug you, you can try this number (if you live here in the islands)
          Phone #: 643-7111

That's a FREE INFO., for every one else here, too .

BTW- I just called to confirm it, it is from Hawaiian Telecom corporate security, you can listen to the 3 choices, but by pressing one will direct you to someone to help with any nuisance calls.

Well....

Hope that helps for you & everyone else here in HT.com.

Guess I'm gona have to upgrade at some point - I do not even have caller ID yet. Thanks for the info.
          Caller ID with the calling block system HELPS BIG TIME!!. That way, you know who is calling you, & you can choose to answer it or not.

Hope that helps.

Aloha.
          Aches & Pains
          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
            The same retards at SMS Research always call. I've reported their asses so many times but THEY. STILL. CALL.
            They're not telemarketers. They're market research folks. You need to call SMS directly and bitch at them... but it might not do much good if they work off of phone lists that contain numbers generated at random.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
              They're not telemarketers. They're market research folks. You need to call SMS directly and bitch at them... but it might not do much good if they work off of phone lists that contain numbers generated at random.
              Yeah, i know they're market research folks because if they're not asking about my television habits, they're asking about what kind of detergent I use and why.

What's sad is that my HS ex-BF is a coordinator and supervisor for SMS. I found out via Google. Next time they call I'll ask, "Does [insert name here] still work there? If so, is it still the size of a vienna sausage?"

Maybe that'll make them stop calling me once and for all.
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
              X