X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
    Today's pet peeve:
    I hate it when they fill up a cup half way with ice and fills the rest with the drink.
    what? i hate it when they fill it up with ice and then put in the soda. more ice=less soda. when i worked at BK i had specific requests to only put in 5 ice cubes, or no ice so people could get the most soda for their $1.
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I hate it when I get motion sickness - from watching a video.

This is why professionals get paid a lot.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

You know what pissed me off this evening? A client called me at my home phone number, demanding me to fix his computer just a few minutes ago! I only give my cell phone number to clients I finished repairs for, as a good gesture for better service since I know where they live, but this guy must have looked up my last name (I don't even remember giving it to him - we did talk story a lot, so maybe it slipped my mind) and called.

Comment

I'm so tired of the same old whine.

Okay here we go...

I'm sorry the Hawaiians were messed with by Americans.
          I'm sorry the Fijians were by the British and Tahitians by French.
          I'm sorry the Indians were messed with by... everyone.
          I'm sorry the original Brits were messed with by invading armies.
          I'm sorry the Romans messed with everybody.
          I'm sorry the caveman living next to the other caveman got messed with.

Just deal with it folks! Live your life the best you can, try and provide for your family (by working, not asking for handouts) and stop whining.
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
            I'm sorry the Hawaiians were messed with by Americans.
            I'm sorry the Fijians were by the British and Tahitians by French.
            I'm sorry the Indians were messed with by... everyone.
            I'm sorry the original Brits were messed with by invading armies.
            I'm sorry the Romans messed with everybody.
            I'm sorry the caveman living next to the other caveman got messed with.
            ...but I'm glad that certain somebodies "messed with" other certain somebodies from different cultures in the past, which culminated in my present existence and mixed-up bloodlines. Ain't no cultural purity in my ancestry - nothing I can do or say to change that. Not proud - not ashamed - just glad to be here to observe it all.

Comment

I understand where you are coming from Mr. Menehune but with all due respect we are supposed to live in more pono times where people are supposed to have rights. Why should indigenous peoples have to live like the people who took over their land? Where are their rights to be who they have always been? Why do they have to evolve into who we are to make us happy?

I'm no expert on Fijians, Tahitians or other Polynesians but don't many of them still live traditionally in their own land. Their numbers are still strong in their own land, yes or no?

And by Indian I'm assuming you don't mean from India? First People, Native Americans, (not sure which is the most right title) they have government programs and such and nation within a nation status, do they not deserve that?

As for ancient history I would like to think that humans have become a lot more compassionate, learned from the past and would like to stop making the same mistakes.
              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

And for the record you know I'm fond of you Mr. Menehune and your sensual intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  ...but I'm glad that certain somebodies "messed with" other certain somebodies from different cultures in the past, which culminated in my present existence and mixed-up bloodlines. Ain't no cultural purity in my ancestry - nothing I can do or say to change that. Not proud - not ashamed - just glad to be here to observe it all.
                  Indeed Leo. I like to think I'm a mix of Hawai`i's history in a person minus the Northern European haole, Japanese, Okinawan, Filipino, or Korean parts. I get plenty of them in my 'ohana though.

Comment

I am annoyed that yesterday I was asked if the easter Bunny pooped on my head!
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
                      First People, Native Americans, (not sure which is the most right title)
                      And "First Nations" is the term preferred in Canada, since, of course, they wouldn't call themselves "American." It's also more reflective of their pre-Canadian nationhood.

A majority of the Native Americans I know are quite comfortable with the word "Indians." However, they usually are more specific in calling themselves by their tribal affiliation instead, such as Suquamish, Muckleshoot or S'Klallam, or whatever the word in their language might be for "people."

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
                        I understand where you are coming from Mr. Menehune but with all due respect we are supposed to live in more pono times where people are supposed to have rights. Why should indigenous peoples have to live like the people who took over their land? Where are their rights to be who they have always been? Why do they have to evolve into who we are to make us happy?

I'm no expert on Fijians, Tahitians or other Polynesians but don't many of them still live traditionally in their own land. Their numbers are still strong in their own land, yes or no?

And by Indian I'm assuming you don't mean from India? First People, Native Americans, (not sure which is the most right title) they have government programs and such and nation within a nation status, do they not deserve that?

As for ancient history I would like to think that humans have become a lot more compassionate, learned from the past and would like to stop making the same mistakes.
                        I'm not upset with anyone in particular, just the "mindset" of that's not fair. And BTW I like you too!

Here's the Could, Should and Would of that mindset.

"They could've been better to me and should've been too, so I would've been happier now.

We could live in more Pono times... but don't. People right now today are living surrounded by war and scared for their lives. Others are living in poverty or outright starving due to another's greed. Some, if they drink the water they die if they don't they die. Then on a smaller scale... My house was broken into years ago and all my most prized possessions stolen, my car recently also broken into and messed up. Life ain't fair. Period.

Most Fijians still own their land. True. It was their luck of the draw. They are going to work to get the dollar and living this easier modern style life as does everyone else that gets a taste of it.

Both types of Indians. India was once governed by Great Briton also.

"As for ancient history I would like to think that humans have become a lot more compassionate, learned from the past and would like to stop making the same mistakes." But have we? My point is throughout history and right up to today there has been injustice. So it's not just something in ancient history. Did you know there's still slaves (sex trade and otherwise). Forced servitude is really something to complain about. Having to work to pay the rent and buy food in this little beautiful, comfortable spot of the world is not. Being Pacific Islander, Oriental, European, African, or... whatever.

Because bottom line "What is, is." Make the best of the hand your dealt and enjoy as much as you can your time on this earth.
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Today I felt all cute. I took a looong shower, blow dried my hair pretty and straight. I put on light blue drawstring pants (dressed comfy to lounge around the house on a cold day) with a royal blue colored shirt and cardigan. I go downstairs and kiss my husband and smile at him. He looks at me, studying me, the first thing he says to me... "You look like a tall Asian Smurf."

Comment

I hate it when my wife has to leave for Honolulu to go back to work on a Sunday afternoon when the sun's all grey and dreary. I can't wait until we go back to Honolulu so our family can be together again.

I hate it when because you're all depressed that your wife has to leave you go to a Cheveron Mini Mart to get some comfort food and the Icee machine is OUT OF ORDER! WHY ME!!!!

I hate it when you're all depressed because your comfort food is non existant so you can't get over the depressed feeling of a grey and dreary Sunday afternoon because your wife had to go back to Honolulu and you console yourself into reheating the leftovers for dinner and the leftovers have somehow managed to spoil.

So I went to Malama Market in Pahoa and bought some bananas, apples, milk and two pounds of hamburger on sale and just made it past the minimum $25 dollar purchase to get my Malama Market gas card punched.

I'm happy now, but I do wish I could see my wife again soon, she's my foundation.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

2 dogs broke my fence and came in and humped my dog and she is in heat!!
                              That is my pet peeve!!
                              I want to really strangle somebodys dog!
                              Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                              Sharing withother survivors...
                              www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I'm beginning to hate big companies.

Our cart machines broke down, forcing us to manually push carts into the store. I love manual labor as much as the next poster, but if this will continue for a few more weeks, they better compensate us by giving us a raise or something. Its been a week since it broke down, and a week of aching muscles. Sure, I'm getting my needed exercise, but if you want hell, try working weekends with us. (oh yeah, there'll soon be a few job openings for walmart.)

Oh, and I hate the rain. Tonight, I went out to take some night shots and remember what I learned in photography class - I was in my car half the time waiting for the rain to stop!

Comment

Working...
                                X